Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele Rikenon 100mm f 2.8 (for 126c-flex)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Tele Rikenon 100mm f 2.8 (for 126c-flex) Reply with quote

HI all,

This is for fans of dreamy, soft focus only. Here are a few pics taken with the Tele Rikenon 100mm f 2.8 Portrait Lens originally made for the Ricoh 126C Flex (an interchangeable lens sir using 126 cartridges). I used a Sony A7 Mii. Part of the softness is probably my poor technique. I was just holding the lens against a small extension tube. the lenses for this camera are complete optical systems with focus mount. The shutter and diaphragm assemblies were in the camera body.

Anyway, here are the pics, and one of the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Nice pictures and very interesting rendering, which to my eye is similar to the Kaleinar 100mm f2.8

Is this a rare lens? I could not find it on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Nice pictures and very interesting rendering, which to my eye is similar to the Kaleinar 100mm f2.8

Thanks for the Like 1 small

It's not a rare lens (at least in the US) at all.

Here's one on Ebay right now for $12 USD:

Click here to see on Ebay

cheers!

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Nice photos.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
wolan wrote:

Thanks for the Like 1 small

It's not a rare lens (at least in the US) at all.

Here's one on Ebay right now for $12 USD:

Click here to see on Ebay

cheers!

Paul

It is an interesting lens, Paul, and not one I have noticed prior. Research indicates it has a 30mm screw mount. How did you adapt that 30mm mount to your camera body?

Do you know the reason for such a 30mm mount? It seems unusual to me. And I could not begin to guess the flange focal distance, which you appear already to have mastered.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an interesting lens, Paul, and not one I have noticed prior. Research indicates it has a 30mm screw mount. How did you adapt that 30mm mount to your camera body?

Do you know the reason for such a 30mm mount? It seems unusual to me. And I could not begin to guess the flange focal distance, which you appear already to have mastered.[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words! I have not created a fixed mount yet. I just mounted an LTM adapter on my A7 and screwed a short extension tube into that and then simply held the lens against thie front of the tube. Going forward, I will probably affix a filter stepping ring to the lens with the female threads facing backwards. To this I will screw in a reverse lens adapter (most likely 49mm - M42). The M42 end I can then mount on a helical focusing tube.

Goodness knows why anyone would use a 30mm lens mount, except that since the diaphragm is behind the lens, there is no need for a huge mount with all sorts of stopping mechanisms, etc. - so this could have been a space-saving or cost saving measure.

P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always thought this was a separated lens type camera ala rollei 126 or contaflex. Live and learn. With a pretty fast 100 and wide open my guess is the depth of field is going to be quite narrow. Free lensing would likely be , uh, challenging! I bet when you get a mount cobbled together it will be a lot sharper. Rikenon from that era were generally not slouches.