Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm - Great fun, small package
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm - Great fun, small package Reply with quote

Got this Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm/ 225mm f/4.5/7.7 cheap from Ebay. I was very suprised when I saw this super small and light weight m42 lens Wink

Compared to Apollo 50mm f/1.9 (C-mount) and Meyer Orestegor 135mm
Could be a cute travel companion Wink

135mm f/4.5

With Twin-Tele 225mm f/7.7

More samples

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images !
I like the colours, sharpness, contrast.
The lenses are very nice either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were the first products sold under the Tamron brand (they were sold under other brands as well of course), and are really very fine lenses.

The specifications are modest, but very well executed for what they are.

Surprisingly, the matched TC in the set also gives excellent results.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a lens for any occasion, you will need enough light or you must boost up iso, but the small size, attractive looks, low price and the good overall performance makes this a very good lens in my opinion. A real keeper Wink

The Tc is not awesome, but it works ok. I would consider doing a crop than using it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely the smallest 135mm lens I have ever owned.
Unfortunately, my copy is a poor condition, parts are missing and I have rebuilt it without some of the rings. Wink