Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP90/2.5 with 01F teleconverter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP90/2.5 with 01F teleconverter Reply with quote

I've been a little amazed how well this combo works as a 180/5 lens.

I shot some test shots around the house. These are .jpegs and crops straight from camera. All wide open.

600*600pix crop

600*600pix crop

600*600pix crop

And compared against SP180/2.5. Auto levels in photoshop as there was some loss of contrast in the SP90 photos, probably from the window flare and slower shutter speeds. UV-filter on the 180/2.5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: SP 90/2.5 with 1.4X TC (140F) for awesome 124mm macro Reply with quote

the 2X TC (01F) made 90/2.5 too long for me on crop dSLR; the 1.4X TC is just right!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Tam is a well-known winner, especially for macro. Looks to be degraded by the teleconverter (as was to be expected).

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
That Tam is a well-known winner, especially for macro. Looks to be degraded by the teleconverter (as was to be expected).

patrickh

Yes, for sure it is degraded, but it is surpricingly usable, as normally I wouldn't even use a 2x teleconverter it's quite ok with Tammy.

The pixel-level sharpness in the crops is usually noticeably lower with the K20d than with the 6Mpixel istDS, so the results with istDS would have been even better.