Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 70-210mm 52A - day at the farm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 70-210mm 52A - day at the farm Reply with quote

Hi all

I've had some terrific results from my 103A 80-210mm Adaptall 2 zoom, but wanted to try some SP glass. The 19AH is obviously the one to get, but I haven't been able to find one at a reasonable price. The SP 52A 70-210mm is the older version, and not rated as well as the 19AH, but is it any better than the later 103A? Curious for answers, I bagged an SP 52A for under £30.00 including a Nikon Ai mount and took it to the farm to find out!

All shots were taken at f3.5/4 or f5.6 and have had no PP applied.

Crop:

Crop:

I didn't take the 103A with me as well...I'd have broken my back! But I can see already that the SP is better, controlling CA and fringing much, much better in bright light. In fact, I think it's a fantastic lens and for £30.00 knocks the socks off my Sigma auto-focus 70-210 Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it performs well. That is on my list of good 70-210mm I want to try out. It has one distinguishing feature: its not push-pull. I'm gonna test out a Tokina SD today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tokina e pretty good.
Its nothing special at F4, but stopped to F8 its pretty impressive (or my expectations were low), I especially noted the sharpness throughout the frame.

If the 52A is as good I'll definatly get one and keep it. I didnt like operating with push-pull.
Unfortunately, all of the following list (of apparently pretty good 70-210mm):
Tolina SD
Tamron 19A
Pentax A
Vivitar S1

Are of this kind...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

For info, all shots above were at F3.5/4 - F5.6, with most wide open. Haven't tried stepping it down yet, but if I get a chance I'll take some pics and post them up with crops...