Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 350/5.6 DIY reapair or send it to a Professional?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little bored so thought I would try the G1 with its VF and fine focus,amazing difference I do know this sample is spot on for focus. The VF makes a difference.I also remembered to bump the iso higher.

G1 iso 800 tripod and fine focus https://app.box.com/s/yhu9j1zwgfx00rjic8v6 JPEG,I have not shot with raw on the G1 as yet. this was using the Fotassy adapter M42-M4/3 which I note was a little loose...combined with the Orginal M42 Tamron adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! The photo look good to me. The M4/3 cameras are pretty good on testing the resolution limit of manual lens thanks to their high pixel density.

As visualopsins suggested, I think it is OK to boost ISO to 800 or 1600 under sun light to keep the shutter speed high. The noise will only visible in the dark area.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think I can conclude from these tests, that there is no fault with the lens, and it is within the normal range in the way it produces images?
I wish my K200D was still working so I could test it on a heavy bodied DSLR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the resolution and contrast is consistent with the result of my copy. It does not seems there is any fault from the samples you have posted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final test - my standard shot of the castle tower.

Crops:
1. off the card jpg

2. pp'ed from RAW

These crops comfortably stand comparison with the same subject shot with my other TP's including eg tamron 200-500mm. Under these conditions, and range the mirror is at its best IMO. And also IMO it's more the sensor on my K-r that's the limit rather than the lenses.

I've put a couple more pics in the mirror thread, manual focus lenses.