Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-80mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 35-80mm Reply with quote

Sunshine! How I've missed it Smile

All shot wide open because my adaptall adapter needs adapting before the aperture will work on this lens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny!

When we went to Wetzlar today the SP 35-80 was the only lens that I brought, mounted on my 5D.

T...
It's a fascinating lens!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than mine - well done! Certainly it does the colours justice Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Much better than mine -

Not at all, just a different sujet.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, they are both fantastic. It was refreshing to have the sun out today, I went to Winchester but took the Spotmatic so don't have photos yet. That lens really makes the 35-135 AD2 look like a childrens toy, I should look for one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots all round! This lens has a great reputation and we can all see why Smile

BTW, did you have a filter on the lens Martyn? I can see some odd flare one of the pics...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very sharp lens, just played with mine yesterday (although like martyn, i'm using an m42 adapter, so no aperture control!)

lovely bokeh

Last edited by Hooper on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, just stick a bit of paper / card under the aperture pusher in the mount and aperture control will be fine Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought about something like that Graham, but didn't want to risk something coming off and rattling inside the body!! (btw Graham, this is antihero from TalkPhotography!!!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys is it safe to assume you all are discussing the 01A SP 35-80? I have the early adaptall model -- the QZ-35M. Just wondering if there was any comparison at all. Mine isn't exactly usable right now -- it's partially dismantled -- so I don't have any way of trying it out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I also have the 01A, but if you see the 35-70mm 09A going for peanuts it's a VG second choice...I won it on the bay a few years ago for £1.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using 01A no 915531 with no filter and no bit of paper under the gap in the mount.

Not surprised to find flare, since most of the shots were vrtually directly up sun.

I am currently in the process of sticking some high quality plywood (none of your low quality paper/card solutions here Smile) into the gap in the mount. The mount is actually a Fujica Adaptall2 which I "adapted" to become an M42 Adaptall2, which is screwed into an M42-EOS adapter. All in all I really must just invest in a proper EOS Adapteall2 and save myself the hassle. I would have achieved far better results yesterday if I had Smile

Then again, it's about time my Cyclops had an outing........

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
thought about something like that Graham, but didn't want to risk something coming off and rattling inside the body!! (btw Graham, this is antihero from TalkPhotography!!!)

Aha! Good to see you onboard then Very Happy

Seriously though, I used that method for a year with no probs, as long as the card/ thnig wedged in is properly wedged in, there should be no issues. This was only needed when using Sony bodies, as the adapters didn't tend to have a flange to push the M42 aperture ring in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Not surprised to find flare, since most of the shots were vrtually directly up sun.

This is the 01A's main Achilles heel I think. Quite flary towards the sun, with or without a filter, and the dedicated rubber hood, being designed around the wide-angle, isn't very effective. The lens also has a bit too much barrel distortion at the wide end than I'd like. OTOH it's my sharpest zoom by far, with high contrast and nicely rich and warm colours.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for one of these since I entered into the FD mount system a few weeks back. i ended up with a very cheap Tamron 28-?? that will tide me over to see if I like the AE-1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I have been looking for one of these since I entered into the FD mount system a few weeks back. i ended up with a very cheap Tamron 28-?? that will tide me over to see if I like the AE-1.

It wont be better than any FD/FDn prime lenses for sharpness.......so don't go over the top bidding for one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Tamron 01A Reply with quote

I love this lens so much I own 3 as I would hate to ever be without one,I shoot predominantly macro flora and with a 21mm ex.tube provides outstanding results.Out of my 200+lenses this and my Tamron 180mm f2,5 macro get the most use.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 01A Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Out of my 200+lenses this and my Tamron 180mm f2,5 macro get the most use.

Which is an excellent 2-lenses-set for a 5D for example!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 01A Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Out of my 200+lenses this and my Tamron 180mm f2,5 macro get the most use.

Hey Kryss, just curious if the above is a typo? Is your Tamron 180mm the late 180mm f/3.5 macro, or the 80's vintage 180mm f/2.5 LD IF?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Tamron 180mm 2,5 Reply with quote

No it is the real Mcoy 1985 35th Anniversary model 63B,only 3500 made worlwide and if you are lucky enough to find one you never sell it.Regards.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots with a great lens!
I too love the SP 35-80!

My only gripe with it, is where it tends to produce steeper than average contrast fall-off's. Not sure if that's the result of the coating or something else altogether but it definitely seems to be an attribute of the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely portrait Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
What a lovely portrait Smile

+1

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a versatile lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great images!

really love mine, even more so now I have a pk/a adapter Smile