Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-210mm f/3.5-4.2 26A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 35-210mm f/3.5-4.2 26A Reply with quote

I'm preparing to sell my Tamron SP 35-210mm f/3.5-4.2 Adaptall-2 lens, so wanted to put it through its paces on full frame. I haven't used it for about...well...4 years, so it was about time!

There was a show jumping event in the New Forest today, and this felt like a suitable challenge Smile All images have been run through Lightroom, gaining some contrast. All are cropped somewhat as well (210mm in full frame isn't that long!).

Spring Fair 1 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 3 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 4 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 6 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 7 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 8 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 10 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 11 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 13 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 14 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 15 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Spring Fair 16 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Frankly, I'm blown away by this lens. I wasn't expecting these sort of results from a lens which such a long zoom range. Most shots (70% odd) were taken at f/5.6, where this lens really shines. The other 30% were taken opened up a bit at f/4.5, where the lens loses some contrast, but a contrast bump in Lightroom has sorted them out Smile

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Sun May 05, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add, there is a very small amount of purple fringing in high contrast areas, but not as bad as other Tamrons like the 300/5.6.

Here's a couple more (click for slightly bigger versions):

#13 - macro mode

#14 - at 50mm

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good zoom sharp and with some pop, except for macro......well no lens is perfect.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow really surprised by your results amazing sharpness

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like golden lens in capable hands, this is one of the very few Tammy what I did never try, please let me to know first your sale may I able to buy it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps! Attila, to be honest I don't think I will sell it now...I'm really pleased with it Shocked If I do decide to sell, I'll send you a message first.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Thanks chaps! Attila, to be honest I don't think I will sell it now...I'm really pleased with it Shocked If I do decide to sell, I'll send you a message first.

Laughing That is cool, wise decision and thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one on ebay uk right now
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamron-SP-35-210mm-3-5-4-2-BBAR-MC-Camera-Lens-/300900797291?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item460f15cb6b

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamron-SP-35-210mm-3-5-4-2-BBAR-MC-Camera-Lens-/300900797291?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item460f15cb6b

Starting at £55 inc delivery and possible copy variation Shocked I'd wait till Graham sold his, at least you'd get a very good one and tested Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
nurkov wrote:

Starting at £55 inc delivery and possible copy variation Shocked I'd wait till Graham sold his, at least you'd get a very good one and tested Wink

you got a point, just saying that found one today

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to take it I think Tamron had pretty good quality control.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Safe to take it I think Tamron had pretty good quality control.

go for it then Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, I can understand why you have decided to keep it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really good one. The color is vibrant and focus is spot on in these shots.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, pretty impressive pictures. Taking sports shots like this requires some very good skills!
The lens is very good as well ... definitely a keeper. It is quite sharp for a long range zoom and the color rendition is excellent.