Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-105mm f2.8 aspherical AD2, model 65A tryout
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is already more saturated on import it must be how lightroom handles the color space. It says it is using the embedded profile. The images uses adobergb, that can give different results across platforms. That's why I always set my camera to sRGB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragon19 wrote:
I do have one note on the matter of zoom creep. My copy of the lens does not zoom creep so much as it zoom drops, as almost all the weight of the lens is in the front. There's almost no resistance holding the push-pull zoom in place, and pointing the camera down more than 45 degrees, or up more than 45 degrees will usually result in the lens zooming all the way in or all the way out with quite a bit of force, and an audible 'thunk'.

I bought this lens new back in the 90's. That's totally normal. It also far from the smoothest of zooms. Still have it today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have one note on the matter of zoom creep. My copy of the lens does not zoom creep so much as it zoom drops, as almost all the weight of the lens is in the front. There's almost no resistance holding the push-pull zoom in place, and pointing the camera down more than 45 degrees, or up more than 45 degrees will usually result in the lens zooming all the way in or all the way out with quite a bit of force, and an audible 'thunk'.[/quote]

Exactly the Same with mine. Zooming dry and very unpleasant to use, but I don't dare to send it in for a lube. Who knows how it will come back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect lenses that `zoom creep' will eventually wear and give `zoom drop'.

The best way to avoid this is to not use a zoom lens. Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I suspect lenses that `zoom creep' will eventually wear and give `zoom drop'.

The best way to avoid this is to not use a zoom lens. Wink Wink Wink

It's not an unreasonable expectation, but I have several that would surprise me. My Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 23A remains very firm, despite also being a push-pull zoom like the 35-105mm. It may happen, but not for a few years at least, and considering the age of the lens, the state it's in now is pretty impressive.