Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 24-48
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 24-48 Reply with quote

Any experience ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, I just think that this is very interesting focal range for an MF lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect very good quality I just got today, if quality is good enough it will be a good traveler lens to me on my 2x crop camera.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let we see I tried a couple of good Vivitar Series 1 lenses like 180 f3.0 etc and I still prefer above all professional Nikkor lenses. My second choice is Tamron SP lines if I compare them.I look forward your samples and I try to test this lens as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very positive experience with 105mm Kiron macro other lenses are good made by Kiron , but not reach Nikkor. Nikkor 28mm f3.5 not same level than Nikkor 28mm f2.8 which one did you compare?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElanR wrote:
... the Vivitar (Kiron) 28mm f/2.5 is as good a 28mm as I've seen.

Agreed! The Viv 2.5/28 (Kiron) is a very good lens!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing samples of both the Vivitar and the Tamron. That is an interesting range.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Elan ! I look forward some samples.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a copy of an old lens-comparison-test of lenses with that focal length.
Tokina 24-40, 25-50 , a Soligor, the Tamreon and to compare with a Nikon 24mm.
Guess what?
The Tamron was the best of al these - even better than the prime....
The prices normally go up quite high....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise really, Nikkor 24mm f2.8 is a very good lens, I tested today my Tamron 24-48 but this lens has NO infinity or my new olympus adapter i don't know I will test again with Nikon adapter and let we see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true for almost all well known Vivitar lenses ,they are good one, but Nikkor equivalent always better. can you share some test pics and one from the lens?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this lens today, pretty unbelievable it has NO INFINITY! I tried with two different mount result is same. Seems I bought an unusable lens Sad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, gee, Attila, that's too bad! Sad Mad I was looking forward to see some
pics, to see if it is a lens I should be searching for.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many non Nikkor lens what is not works on Nikon body. I have lot of Nikkor and Tamron lens what is works fine on my Olympus E-1 except this one. I suppose this lens will not work on Nikon body too. So no problems with adapters at all.If you have Nikon camera you limit your self to Nikkor lenses. I love so much Carl Zeiss Jena lenses and many others.I love Nikkors but I never find better lens than Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 75mm f1.5 or Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180 mm f2.8 etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Kiron 28 - 85 / 2.8-3.8 coming next week. Let's see how their own brand compares with the Vivitar sub-contracted one. My recent look at the Kiron 70-150 was a huge surprise to me in terms of its overall performance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 24-48 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Any experience ?

Attila

I haven't used that lens. But, my Viv Series 1 24-48, is a very good performer.

Kiron Kid (Russ)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Elan: The problem with the Nikon bodies is that you cannot use all the lenses with every camery body. There pre-AI, Series E, AI, AI-S and third party lenses. I love the design and the feel of pre-AI lenses but they won't work with most Nikon cams, let alone Nikon DSLRs.

Back to the wide angle zooms: I am waiting to get a Hoya 25-42 (Pentax-K mount), which I bought for little money. I will tell you about it as soon as I get it. I already have one Hoya (FD) lens which is not too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I have the Kiron 28 - 85 / 2.8-3.8 coming next week. Let's see how their own brand compares with the Vivitar sub-contracted one. My recent look at the Kiron 70-150 was a huge surprise to me in terms of its overall performance.

Patrick

The Kiron 28-85 is quite good. I prefer the Viv S-1 28-90, but that's just personal preference. I have Kiron 28-85 lens test results in the Klub files. Also, have you used the Kiron 28-105? It's a very nice lens. One of my favorites. And yes, the Kiron 70-150 is VERY good. Kiron, made the Nikon 75-150 E lens for Nikon.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick

Where in Oregon are you located?

Kiron kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElanR wrote:

Attila, why not put an end to this self-inflicted torture and get yourself a Nikon body. This way you have no adapters, no surprises and no hassle. You mount the lens and it just works! You seem to favor Nikon glass anyway, so what could be better?

I tested with NIKON FA same problem, I saw on the screws it was opened, I believe they didn't build back as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Russ
Ashland - just over the border from Cali on I5

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
@Russ
Ashland - just over the border from Cali on I5

patrickh

Heck, we should shoot together sometime. I'm in the Portland area Shocked

KK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote