Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron adaptall 200mm/3.5 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Tamron adaptall 200mm/3.5 samples Reply with quote

Recently picked up one for it's looks only (The silver coloured art deco styled one)
As with most adaptalls , the grips were like chewing gum and had to be replaced , the rest was mint !

Some test shots, all wide open exept for the shot of the railing ( had to close down 1/2 stop to get under 8000th/sec iso 100
not many complaints except for some green fringing ,i think i will keep it !
Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pictures Daniel! Nice lens isn't it ? I had very good impression about this lens, but I had a chance to use latest model only. I never met with yours.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila
I have no idea when this one was made, it has the bbar multi- coating so probably from the early seventies some where ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens ! Keep in respect, rare bird!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I have this one is silver too, it looks incredible on my Canons Laughing

Nice samples BTW Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Yay! I have this one is silver too, it looks incredible on my Canons Laughing

Nice samples BTW Smile

Very Happy For a REAL fashion statement . imagine it mounted on a red Pentax k-x Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third pic is very cute Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice. Strong colours with that subdued contrast look like the Meyer/Pentacon 200, which I like a lot.

How did you replace the grip material Daniel? Is there a source for it anywhere?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What animal is in the 3rd shot? Nice lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Very, very nice. Strong colours with that subdued contrast look like the Meyer/Pentacon 200, which I like a lot.

How did you replace the grip material Daniel? Is there a source for it anywhere?

Hi Peter The grip material is from another lens that could not be rescued..
I have a drawer full of it all diff sizes , the material can stretch a good bit so it is relatively easy even if the barrel diameters are not the same to make it fit
Just dip into some dish washing liquid + water and STRETCH till it fits Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
What animal is in the 3rd shot? Nice lens.

Cape Hyrax ...Local name is "Dassie" , some people simply call them rock rabbits
Very interesting little creature, they are classified as hooved mammals but they have soft paws with the same sticky texture as sillicon rubber and can scale near vertical cliffs with speed and ease
very sharp teeth , they eat almost anything from plants to insects , even bird droppings and they become very naughty pets when tamed (illegal nowadays )