Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adapt-All-2 O4B 200mm f3.5 on D-810
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:41 am    Post subject: Tamron Adapt-All-2 O4B 200mm f3.5 on D-810 Reply with quote

At f5.6 and ISO 320 here.

I was hoping for a little better than this- almost everything I've taken with it appears to be slightly soft.
This lens does much better at MFD:

Wide open here at about 5 feet/ 1.6 meter.

There are no SP marks on this lens. It is marked "Close Focus". The reviews I've read on it have been mostly mixed.

I really should try a few stopped down to f8 to see if I can get a little improvement.

My particular copy has some slight fungus links across one of the rear elements, and a dust particle or some sort of mark pretty well in the center of the optical path.

Contrast with this lens is slightly low- the sparrow image above has a small amount of contrast added in post.
It seems to have good sharpness near infinity:

I'll give it a little more time and practice before deciding on keeping it or not.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Well? Smile (looks good to me)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little too soft where it is used the most in my style of image making.
It has been sold away.
A bit unfortunate, given the brightness of the viewfinder with it.
I've narrowed things down to the micro nikkor 200 f4 for the time being.

-D.S.