Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 95-205
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Tamron 95-205 Reply with quote

I just won a Tamron 95-205 lens on ebay. GBP 5.00 plus 5.00 for delivery. I cannot wait for it to come Very Happy

Now, will someone please STOP ME GOING ON F*****G EBAY!!!!! Laughing

Graham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch sir! Anything under 30GBP doesn't count.

Is it an adaptall lens?

There could also be a cheap Tair 3S going Item No 120373175079. It states that the iris is stuck open, but my guess is the seller may not know how to operate the quirky beast. And the pics show the iris stopped down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Nice catch sir! Anything under 30GBP doesn't count.

Is it an adaptall lens?

There could also be a cheap Tair 3S going Item No 120373175079. It states that the iris is stuck open, but my guess is the seller may not know how to operate the quirky beast. And the pics show the iris stopped down.

Not adaptall, no. Too early for that. I'm hoping it's T mount. Doesn't metter really, I did enough research to know it's pretty crappy, I just couldn't resist owning one of their first zooms Confused

I looked at that Tair 3S too. It's pretty buggered. The last pic shows the aperture blades. The aperture itself is a tear-drop shape, so looks like a blade has jammed Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That old Tamron 95-205 can be a very decent lens. I thought mine was just a novelty also, until I gave it a good try. It can be perfectly adequate in good light.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-95-205-6-3-the-ford-model-t-of-zooms-t9869,highlight,tamron.html

If its a Tamron brand it is almost certainly a T-mount. The f/6.3 version is a lot more common than the f/5.6, I would really like a good picture of the f/5.6.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked

So I may have stumbled upon the best lens I ever got for a fiver - cool Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well spotted on the Tair. I missed the last pics. I'm not sure how easily they come apart. I guess this one was bought for the stock.

It went for a fiver less than I paid for mine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of test shots from today, both were hand held:

Resolution not shown well as I was at ISO 800. There is something quite thrilling about getting a very old lens that should be crap, and finding out it is quite usable 45 years after it was designed.

I will keep this lens as it is so much fun to use - and so LONG! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

Those are my thoughts too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now another copy has popped up, here:

Click here to see on Ebay

Regrettably the OP, after making reference, never confirmed whether or not this lens is T-mount. Oh, well.

Still an unusual lens, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It most certainly is a t-mount

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It most certainly is a t-mount

Thank you, luisalegria. That's a help to know for us all. And it makes this lens even more interesting!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up one of these from a car boot sale about 6 year ago for a couple of quid (literally). Must take it for a spin!