Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 90mmf2.5 1:2 @f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Tamron 90mmf2.5 1:2 @f4 Reply with quote

Sunny day downtown.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results using a well known performing lens!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Klaus..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens is all good.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, great 3D effect. The sunflower shots are knockouts!

Which camera were you using for these shots?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,my amazing a6000,it loves every lens I mount on it.I have found I prefer using this lens without the 01f extender WO to f5.6.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful all!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Attila....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 90mmf2.5 1:2 @f4 Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Sunny day downtown.

You know, while I was looking at those gorgeous images, and thinking of this and all the other great 90-to-105 macros, I had a thought (to temper the visual art with some optical technology) -- Why can't any other category of lenses do as well overall (and almost without exception) as do the 100-ish macros? Hmmm...?

But I digress...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 90mmf2.5 1:2 @f4 Reply with quote

fwcetus wrote:
kryss wrote:
Sunny day downtown.

You know, while I was looking at those gorgeous images, and thinking of this and all the other great 90-to-105 macros, I had a thought (to temper the visual art with some optical technology) -- Why can't any other category of lenses do as well overall (and almost without exception) as do the 100-ish macros? Hmmm...?

But I digress...

I suspect it's a case of the 100-ish macros hitting a "sweet spot" of sorts. They have a more useful working distance than 50s, but aren't nearly as expensive as the 200s. They sort of fall right in between, with a good working distance at an affordable price. With the possible exceptions being the Zeiss and Voigtlander models -- price wise, at least.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks uddhava....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get out for a few minutes tonight as the sun was going down, and I grabbed the Tamron 90

I have done some PP on these pictures, but very little. All shot at f4, ISO 400 I didn't have the lens hood on and I needed to add some contrast in Photoshop.

It's a great lens.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots David...#3 is my favourite. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful images! I forgot how exceedingly sharp this lens is. I haven't used my copy since getting it. Must dig it out and take it for a spin. Thanks to both for the inspiring photos.