Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 90mm reversed lens hood removal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Tamron 90mm reversed lens hood removal? Reply with quote

I just got a 90mm SP 90mm Tamron f/2.5 (52BB) in the mail and I cannot figure how to remove the lens hood (98FH) which was shipped in the reversed (storage) position. I know it is a bayonet mount but I am not sure if you use a friction or bayonet removal technique. How do you get this thing off? I don't want to put too much force and risk damaging the barrel/helix.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I have my 52BB right here... and the shade... let me put it on in the reversed position...

Shocked Shocked Surprised OH NO IT STUCK ON!!

Laughing Just kidding.

With the front of the lens facing you, the shade bayonets clockwise to go on, and counter clockwise to twist off. The distance it travels is very short - shorter than lens mount bayonets for sure.

If yours is the 98FH hood, that's how it works on mine. The hood is on the outside - ie, any filter screws into the lens inside - and won't hurt the lens even if you apply a bit of force. It might hurt the hood on the other hand.

Good luck.