Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 350mm F/5.6 Model 06B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Tamron 350mm F/5.6 Model 06B Reply with quote

Yesterday I found the lens in the subject (the Tamron cadadioptric 350/5.6) in a local photo equipment second-hand market. The mirror was not in a very good condtion, I could see some uniform distributed condesate on the mirror surface. I think that was not a fungin infestation.

I tried the lens on my Pentax K100D but I was not able to get any focus confirmation Twisted Evil. Usually I have no problem in getting focus confirmation with the catadioptric 500/8. I took a couple of shots focusing with the matte screen (in a very, very low light situation) and I was tempted to buy it for €120 but at the end I left it on the stall. I know it's quite rare and expensive, but without focus confirmation it is almost useless for me.

Then at home I looked on the shots and they seemed not so bad (considering the difficult focusing). Finally I have no regrets.

Have you any experience with this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, paid 45 EUR (55 EUR, but I sold the MD mount 10 EUR) in a professionnal shop, its only sign of wear is some finger print ont the front glass. But absolutely no problem with sharpness or focusing, the only problem was the tripod mount, which I had to remove to mount the lens on my K100D Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent very sharp lens, 120 EUR was a good price for this lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Tamron 350/5.6 is quite good. In fact, it's the only mirror lens I like. It's quite sharp and contrasty -- at least for a mirror lens. The focal length is very manageable, even handheld. As for the aperture, the actual F number is around F/8 (the central obstruction on those mirror lenses causes a 1 stop loss), which is not too bad.

Cheers!

Abbazz