Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 24mm f3.5 Adaptamatic (test for Luis)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Tamron 24mm f3.5 Adaptamatic (test for Luis) Reply with quote

Having bought a proper hood for that lens, I decided to give it a try on some castles I visited today.

Welllll, the results are not extraordinary ... Not very sharp and lots of distortion. Not to be compared with the Nikkor 24mm f2.8

All shots at f5.6, no sharpening.

Castle of Mevergnies

100% crop.

Castle of Beloeil

100% crop

The same castle with SMC Pentax 28mm (just to compare sharpness)

100% crop

Conclusion : The Tamron will look nice on my shelves while the Nikkor (along with the Pentax 28mm) will keep its place in my bag Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. I've seen mixed reviews of the Tamron. Your results are helpful !

Edit I've just looked at the title - Adaptamatic ! I was thinking of the Adaptall.

Last edited by sichko on Sat May 23, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the test !

There may be something wrong with that one, because the 21mm is not that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the adaptall version. I'd say corner is about the same, but center sharpness is improved.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Thank you for the test !

There may be something wrong with that one, because the 21mm is not that bad.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Edit: The problem with the comparison is that it is a 28mm SMC and it is at a different perspective than that used for the 24mm. That in turn effects the cropping. You really need to use a tripod in the same spot and shoot different f stops as well to get a better assessment.

Otherwise it is a lot like trying to measure horse power in a sports car by a "seat of the pants" dynamometer. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Edit: The problem with the comparison is that it is a 28mm SMC and it is at a different perspective than that used for the 24mm. That in turn effects the cropping. You really need to use a tripod in the same spot and shoot different f stops as well to get a better assessment.

Someday, I'll test it on tripod against my trusted Nikkor 24mm ... same field of view, same subject, only different max aperture (3.5 <> 2.8 ).