Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 24mm BBAR 2.5 ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Tamron 24mm BBAR 2.5 ?? Reply with quote

I shot these at the end of September. I was using a variety of lenses this outing but Im pretty sure these shots are from the BBAR. Film was 100 Reala. I could be wrong, I was also using a 50mm Nikon this day.

These are either from the Nikon or Tamron... Shocked Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks almost cartoon-like to me but only in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's BBAR?

I used a zoom Tamron BBAR 35/70 (if i'm not wrong) and at 35 mm. I remember that it was very good.

Nice pics, lovely bridge.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tamron Adaptall 2 34mm is a very good lens.
The perspective on these shots does like it was the 50mm lens, 24 would give more separation apparent distance/depth
I'm sure you could test this with a couple of shots from the 24 and 50 and maybe post them to prove me wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
What's BBAR?

I used a zoom Tamron BBAR 35/70 (if i'm not wrong) and at 35 mm. I remember that it was very good.

Rino.

Hi Rino, BBAR is Tamron's multi-coating system. From the Tamron website:

"To suppress reflections and dispersion on the lens element surface that result in reduced light transmission or cause flare and ghost images, Tamron developed a proprietary BBAR (Broad-Band, Anti-Reflection) multiple-layer coating technique that also renders the best possible color balance. It is applied to a majority of Tamron lenses. A new BBAR coating, which successfully increases transmission of both longer and shorter wavelength ranges, has been developed and is applied to latest lenses."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
estudleon wrote:
What's BBAR?

Rino.

Hi Rino, BBAR is Tamron's multi-coating system. From the Tamron website:

"To suppress reflections and dispersion on the lens element surface that result in reduced light transmission or cause flare and ghost images, Tamron developed a proprietary BBAR (Broad-Band, Anti-Reflection) multiple-layer coating technique that also renders the best possible color balance. It is applied to a majority of Tamron lenses. A new BBAR coating, which successfully increases transmission of both longer and shorter wavelength ranges, has been developed and is applied to latest lenses."

Hi!! Thanks you, very much. Very instructive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

On this outing I had the BBAR mounted for the first roll. These shots I believe are from the first roll. The pics have been cropped slightly.

On the other hand the photos may have become mixed together (roll one and two).

I also used a Nikon 50mm 1.8 this day. No 35mm prime was used.

So these shots are either the BBAR or the Nikon 50mm 1.8.

Thanks for taking a look and posting your comments.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

I actually think the DOF is crisp and clean. Pperhaps Chicago has a cartoon like appearance. Very Happy Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity - I think the comment was referring to what appears to be heightened contrast and saturation. I cannot tell of course at what stage this has happened in the preparation process since film has so many more variables than digital Smile Smile

BTW I think they are great shots of one of my favourite cities.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

I actually think the DOF is crisp and clean. Pperhaps Chicago has a cartoon like appearance. Very Happy Wink

Sorry, I posted that at work yesterday morning quickly. Reading it back it sounds like an insult. As pointed out I was talking about the saturation.

I should stop posting in haste. Rolling Eyes