Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 2.5/28 02B BBAR MC Adaptall-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Tamron 2.5/28 02B BBAR MC Adaptall-2 Reply with quote

This is a well-used copy of the lens. Images taken on a Pentax K100D. Both images at f4.

The lens is very soft at f2.5, but at f4 it becomes very sharp. Close-focus down to about 10 inches/25cm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Graham!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, K100D is still a great camera Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought Tamron 02B 28mm/2.5 some time ago on ebay for £8 and didn't have time yet to play with it properly.

From what I found about this lens:
- It's not razor sharp. Wide-open it's totally usable and quite ok in terms of in centre sharpness, about f/4 it's proper sharp and from f/5.6 it's sharp across APS-C frame
- It's good with direct light. I tried it in the evening hours while placing sun in the corners and closer to the centre and flares are present, but pretty nice and really subtle. There is no loss in contrast or haze (or at least not by much).
- It's quite nice to focus with. Minimal focus distance of 0.25m is all right with 28mm on APS-C.
- It's really small and compact with my 600d

And here are a few samples from a few minutes walk around the house:

1# Probably wide open or one click from wide open

2# f/11-f/16 somewhere there to get great DOF

3# This one is f/5.6 for sure (but I wasn't exactly parallel to the wall)

Cheers
Mateusz