Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 55mm F2.2 10 Blade, (1960s) (Oil Bokeh)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Takumar 55mm F2.2 10 Blade, (1960s) (Oil Bokeh) Reply with quote

Well i found a very old Auto Takumar F2.2 with original leather case, condition was well used, filthy dirty (glass had sticky residue on it) and almost frozen helicoid, but the price was good so i bought it.
Dismantled cleaned and adjusted the lens and i can say that it is very different to my newer Takumar, For starters it reminds me very much of the Chinon 1.7 55mm the rendering WO is very oily and can be used to great effect.
Here are a few samples from the lens.
Its very small, and well built as takumars of the day where.

F5.6

F5.6

F2.2

F2.2

F5.6

F2.8

F2.8

F8

F8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations for this lens!
I find the colors Auto Takumars render very distinct and beautiful, seen here specially on #2 and the reds of the boats of #8. I love my Auto Takumar f2/55mm, such a great little lens, I believe the f2.2 and f 2 have the same optical formula.
( a few days ago a 2.2/55 sold for over 100 pounds on the bay! )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Auto Takumar 55/2.2 (silver and black) for a fair whack a few weeks ago (not quite £100.00 though!). It was very sharp yet gave a nice vintage look to images.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice serie with beautiful colors and great lens as well, congrats!....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great color great lens ..