Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 15 & 1000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Takumar 15 & 1000 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 is great! I hope you didn't risk your eyesight looking at the Sun through that beast? (presumably shot in liveview?)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K100D does not have the liveview (and it would be too difficult to use the liveview hand held), but I was at f/32 (f/45 for the pictures I took with the P30, because it only have 1/1000s) and did not point the sun for more than a few seconds Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken many sunset photos back in my film days with no special filter on the lens. I've also watched many sunsets with the naked eye. Once the sun is at the horizon, it's still bright, sure, but it's not bright enough to damage your vision. Even when looking through 1200mm of focal length (at f/16 -- a 600mm f/8 Sigma with a Vivitar 2x macro TC), which I've done on many occasion.