Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 133mm f2.8 vs Tair 11A 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Tair 133mm f2.8 vs Tair 11A 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Hi,
I own the Tair 11A and I am wondering whether the older 133mm f2.8 has a different and even better rendering then his popular brother.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the rendering, but I have heard someone who owns both say there is no difference. The 133 tends to have a m39 thread, so you need to adapt it to m42 or get a m39 to your mount adapter. it also has a slightly shorter flange distance, making it impossible to focus to infinity. (not like a range finder lens, you can focus up to 25 meters) That might not be a problem on a Canon or mirrorless with the right adapter.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Tair-11 which seem identical in IQ. One came with an M42 and the other M39. Nither reach infinity as D1N0 indicated. However, in the handful of times I have used it for distance, I have stopped down considerably and received acceptable results. I also have a Tai-11A as of recently but have not made any comparisons. My senses tell me I will always pick ou one of the 133mm lenses first. Love that lens.