Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-11 Another one
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Ok, people here (former Yugoslavia) can stil get very emotional when discussing these themes still today. I am an avid amateur historian, if i can say it like that, i like very much all militarly history, particulary WW2 which was fought here also, of course. So i know a few things about it, i would really like to hear what was UDBA doing abroad, i did research what they did here. Of course that is not a photographic theme anymore and should be discused somewhere else.

Tomas

For the third time!

I am not getting emotional.

Just stating fact!
Google "framed Croatian six, Sydney"

Just stating the fact that all sorts of crazy and scary events took place!

parabellumfoto: I understood Tomas to be speaking of people where he lives, not people on this forum when he said "people here...". He was not directing that to you.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Ok, people here (former Yugoslavia) can stil get very emotional when discussing these themes still today. I am an avid amateur historian, if i can say it like that, i like very much all militarly history, particulary WW2 which was fought here also, of course. So i know a few things about it, i would really like to hear what was UDBA doing abroad, i did research what they did here. Of course that is not a photographic theme anymore and should be discused somewhere else.

Tomas

For the third time!

Just stating fact!

I was talking about people here where i live, but also all the former eastern block in general, not about you, just ask any member here that lives in a country which was part of the eastern block. Again, try to read what i write as from someone to whom english is not his first language, as i read again what i wrote, i see that maybe "i would like to hear" was not the best. What i meant was that it s a theme i would like to reasearch a bit, to know more about the UDBA operations in Australia. So your link is a very good start, thank you.

Tomas

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
parabellumfoto wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Tomas

For the third time!

Just stating fact!

I was talking about people here where i live, but also all the former eastern block in general, not about you, just ask any member here that lives in a country which was part of the eastern block. Again, try to read what i write as from someone to whom english is not his first language, as i read again what i wrote, i see that maybe "i would like to hear" was not the best. What i meant was that it s a theme i would like to reasearch a bit, to know more about the UDBA operations in Australia. So your link is a very good start, thank you.

Tomas

My apologies.

Obviously I misinterpreted what you wrote.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
woodrim wrote:
But I don't know why the form was called Passport; was that just being cute or did it have a meaning?

My feeling is that in Russian, the word "passport" may have a more generic use than in English - its proper translation might be "certificate" in this context.

You are absolutely correct - passport = certificate

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see QC date as May 25,1965 (25.V.1965)

woodrim wrote:
... Are we to believe that the lines of resolution and working distance are specific to this lens? That would leave me wondering how it compared to others like it.

The certificate had to state how close these technical data to standard designated values. Whether they lie in acceptable limit defined in State Standards, so called GOST. So I believe difference (resolution, register distance) between yours and other Tair 11 lenses can be seen in laboratory test only.

I heard in some rare situations a policeman could ask for the certificate to prove of your right of ownership.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webwalker wrote:
I heard in some rare situations a policeman could ask for the certificate to prove of your right of ownership.

Then I'll be well prepared should this happen, but the rest of my lenses will be in jeopardy. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

I meant if you were a Soviet citizen in that time like me.