Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Surprises from an old Soligor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Surprises from an old Soligor Reply with quote

I just picked up this lens, even though I don't have a Canon body, because it was so cheap -- $10. It's in mint condition with case and has a T-mount in Canon FX. Anybody have any experience with this lens? I'll look for a Nikon or Minolta mount for it.

Below some frames taken with this lens and a Nikon D300. Contrast tweaked in the first one. Both taken at f4.5 (I think -- my adapter was confusing the issue).

Handheld at 1/60th second, with some skin smoothing done (a little too sharp for pores!):

Last edited by gaeger on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 75-260mm in FX mount Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I just picked up this lens, even though I don't have a Canon body, because it was so cheap -- $10. It's in mint condition with case and has a T-mount in Canon FX. Anybody have any experience with this lens? I'll look for a Nikon or Minolta mount for it.

Are you sure it isn't T4?

I used to have one in fixed Nikon mount. The lens is sharp enough stopped down, but still lacks a bit of contrast. It has a bit of coma wide open and the typical amount of CA for a lens of its vintage. In other words, performance is okay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of them, Tokina-made, in a T-4 mount, with an M42-to-EOS adaptation. It's really a very nice lens, if my copy is any good example.
Admittedly, my own copy is nearly pristine in condition, and suffers no marks to the glass or body. I surely got lucky with my copy.