Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Surprises from an old Soligor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Surprises from an old Soligor Reply with quote

I just picked up this lens, even though I don't have a Canon body, because it was so cheap -- $10. It's in mint condition with case and has a T-mount in Canon FX. Anybody have any experience with this lens? I'll look for a Nikon or Minolta mount for it.

Below some frames taken with this lens and a Nikon D300. Contrast tweaked in the first one. Both taken at f4.5 (I think -- my adapter was confusing the issue).

Handheld at 1/60th second, with some skin smoothing done (a little too sharp for pores!):

Last edited by gaeger on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 75-260mm in FX mount Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I just picked up this lens, even though I don't have a Canon body, because it was so cheap -- $10. It's in mint condition with case and has a T-mount in Canon FX. Anybody have any experience with this lens? I'll look for a Nikon or Minolta mount for it.

Are you sure it isn't T4?

I used to have one in fixed Nikon mount. The lens is sharp enough stopped down, but still lacks a bit of contrast. It has a bit of coma wide open and the typical amount of CA for a lens of its vintage. In other words, performance is okay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of them, Tokina-made, in a T-4 mount, with an M42-to-EOS adaptation. It's really a very nice lens, if my copy is any good example.
Admittedly, my own copy is nearly pristine in condition, and suffers no marks to the glass or body. I surely got lucky with my copy.