Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 200/4 and an heron
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 200/4 and an heron Reply with quote

I recently acquired a Super Takumar 200/4 with a couple of suspect not expected spots (maybe fungus). As in these times in my area there are herons, I spent some time (photo)hunting one that is often in the same place, to test the lens. I never did this kind of photos, so I lost time in trial-and-error.
The following is a 100% crop, f between 5.6 and 8, with some PP and some luck with manual focus. Noise is due to underexposure that was meant at pictures on the ground (in my first attempts I had a sort of halo around the heron, drastically diminished with underxposure). Seems not bad to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time of year, it must be difficult to shoot low light moving objects in northern hemisphere!
At 5.6 nearly impossible to get great results!
Nice effort! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my taste, it is a prety good lens.

Here a shoot of on landed Heron (in the wather).

In a good light condition.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
This time of year, it must be difficult to shoot low light moving objects in northern hemisphere!
At 5.6 nearly impossible to get great results!
Nice effort! Very Happy

to be honest, there was plenty of light; the shot is at 1/2000s, 200ISO. The heron was on the (dark) ground and thus, to correctly expose it, I had to compensate (-1 1/3). When it took off, I did not have the time to cancel compensation. I know: next time all manual, no Av, so I could just change shutter that is easier.

Fernando, nice animal, black beak and crest (I suppose another kind).

The same as before, but on the ground (again 100% crop). The environment is less natural than water Smile .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Super Takumar 200/4 and an heron Reply with quote

enzodm wrote:
I recently acquired a Super Takumar 200/4 with a couple of suspect not expected spots (maybe fungus). As in these times in my area there are herons, I spent some time (photo)hunting one that is often in the same place, to test the lens. I never did this kind of photos, so I lost time in trial-and-error.
The following is a 100% crop, f between 5.6 and 8, with some PP and some luck with manual focus. Noise is due to underexposure that was meant at pictures on the ground (in my first attempts I had a sort of halo around the heron, drastically diminished with underxposure). Seems not bad to me.

It's a great first attempt. When out stalking birds, of the feathered type, I keep making the mistake of forgetting to lower the ISO when they're in the air, meaning I shoot at ISO 800 - 1600 at 1/8000 second and get a crap shot! Laughing Yours looks much better.