Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Komura 100mm f 2.5, Help with mount info please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Super-Komura 100mm f 2.5, Help with mount info please Reply with quote

Got this lens locally (Super-Komura 100mm f 2.5) together with an Olympus OM 130mm f 3.5 for 20 GBP, it feels very nice and solid , reminds me of Russian lenses like Tair 11a but a lot smaller, I didn't even check the mount until I reached home . It says on the back: Komura UNI AUTO for PETRI V2-6
Now I tried to do some homework googling without much luck (I found similar with m42), I would definitely want to try it myself, so .. any chance to adapt this strange mount.
Many thanks in advance

Badr

DSCF0012.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

DSCF0014.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

DSCF0013.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Mount Reply with quote

After playing with the lens a little,It turned out the mount can be removed please see below, still no clue (Needless to say that my experience with mounts is only limited to the well known ones)

DSCF0016.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

Last edited by Badr12 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- First, you got a tremendous deal, these Komura 100/2.5's go for a lot more than you paid.
They are very collectible.

It has one of Komuras interchangable mounts, this one being the earlier Auto lens mount.
If you can find one, another Komura auto lens with a mount for another camera system (Nikon, M42, etc.) should interchange.
I have heard though that there are two variants of the Uni Auto mount, so beware.

Komura was an odd outfit that produced no less than four interchangeable mount SYSTEMS.

SLR adapter for Komura Visoflex-type tele lenses (M39)
Unidapter (M44) for preset lenses - like a T-mount, but Komura-only
Uni-Auto for Auto lenses - this came in two variants I believe
Komuranon interchangable mount for later lenses with open aperture metering functions.

An alternate fix for your problem is to find a Petri adapter. These are available for some modern digital.
I think I saw one for Sony E (Nex, etc.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
- First, you got a tremendous deal, these Komura 100/2.5's go for a lot more than you paid.
They are very collectible.

It has one of Komuras interchangable mounts, this one being the earlier Auto lens mount.
If you can find one, another Komura auto lens with a mount for another camera system (Nikon, M42, etc.) should interchange.
I have heard though that there are two variants of the Uni Auto mount, so beware.

Komura was an odd outfit that produced no less than four interchangeable mount SYSTEMS.

SLR adapter for Komura Visoflex-type tele lenses (M39)
Unidapter (M44) for preset lenses - like a T-mount, but Komura-only
Uni-Auto for Auto lenses - this came in two variants I believe
Komuranon interchangable mount for later lenses with open aperture metering functions.

An alternate fix for your problem is to find a Petri adapter. These are available for some modern digital.
I think I saw one for Sony E (Nex, etc.)

Very Glad to hear that thank you, I will definitely start hunting auto lenses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
-

I guess this what you mean Luis, same lock as mine,I just found this image on the auction site( for higher than the price of my lens:( ..)

kkkkk by drbadr12, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, like that.
Whats your camera ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yes, like that.
Whats your camera ?

I use Sony a6000 and fuji x-a1 with adapters, previously nex 3 I can't remember when I last used af lenses with them probably less than 10 shots ☺
I have also Sony a58 to use the Minolta-AF.
I know, more gear than my best shots 😊

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Petri->Sony E mount adapter.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Petriflex-Petri-Lens-onto-Sony-E-mount-Adapter-NEX5-A7R-FS100-/172028910568?hash=item280db8dbe8:g:E2EAAOSwxN5Wbdm9
Worth considering.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, I will make sure to update the thread with photos once adapted, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit late comer here, you can find also a cheap Komura (universal mount) lens such as this.

mount part, this is for Minolta SR mount (when set this to the green position, the lens has auto aperture mode)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Komura 90-250 zoom is actually rather nice, for a late-60's zoom.
And quite stylish too I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
a bit late comer here, you can find also a cheap Komura (universal mount) lens such as this.

Interesting!, currently not much offers on the bayE, not sure what to do.. I think I will get the adapter and/or wait a bit for a spare or repair one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set yourself up an email alert with the a good search term, if you have a smart phone, you can receive and view them very quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Set yourself up an email alert with the a good search term, if you have a smart phone, you can receive and view them very quickly.

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badr12 wrote:
koji wrote:

Interesting!, currently not much offers on the bayE, not sure what to do.. I think I will get the adapter and/or wait a bit for a spare or repair one

There are many Komura lenses available in Japanese auction site "Yahoo Auction", you can bit
into this auction from outside of Japan. There are now 4 SUPER-KOMURA 90-250/4.5, two are
US$8 and the other two are about US$12 for example. I did not check their shipping fees.
They are mostly SR-mount ones, some are Canon FD mount.

Note: I never used this Yahoo auction, so you should take care yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
There are many Komura lenses available in Japanese auction site "Yahoo Auction", you can bit
into this auction from outside of Japan. lf

Thanks, this will keep me busy for some time.

Wife wasn't impressed though, she didn't like the 'new front' ☺

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
a bit late comer here, you can find also a cheap Komura (universal mount) lens such as this.....

Well, after not so long wait i found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311556875014?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

With M42 mount, the lens was described as faulty and I was hoping that the mount is intact. To my surprise it is fully working with clean glass,only some scratches to the body.
I Haven't got a chance yet to try the 100mm, but seems great from a few indoor shots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 90250mm feels nice reminds me of minolta colour ( if there is such a thing), it is more to the warm side. It flares but that is expected anyway
Here is a raw image with some PP @4.5(wo):

DSCF3089.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

Last edited by Badr12 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAS!
Bought another 135mm f2.8 and 200 f3.5 Super Komura UNI Auto one with MInolta and the other with M42 mount for 65GBP in a new condition never used before looking forward to try all soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is a JPGS OCC with neutral setting at 4.5 , Auto WB, probably needs some contrast:
DSCF3091 by drbadr12, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komuras are noticeably "warm".
I think the color is more " Golden", a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Komuras are noticeably "warm".
I think the color is more " Golden", a bit.

That is right, the day was very dark and gray