Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunday afternoon with the Tair-11a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Sunday afternoon with the Tair-11a Reply with quote

Not a great deal of time for photography this weekend, but here's three shots with the new Tair-11a, taken walking back from Sunday lunch with my father-in-law:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

Nice shots, love the colours. All three are great but my favourite is the third one.
I think I'm going to change my mind of stop buying lenses and get this one urgently Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots. I like the narrow DoF.

Is that in Faversham? I love those little harbours with all these old, small boats... Do you know Rye? What a place!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Wonderful shots. I like the narrow DoF.

Is that in Faversham? I love those little harbours with all these old, small boats... Do you know Rye? What a place!

Thanks

Yes it's Faversham Creek, a tidal esturine creek a few hundred yards from where I live.

Yes I know Rye - a lovely little town, just over the Kent border and into Sussex.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Richard.
#3 for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first is a jewel . I love this lens too, i use it . I own 30 135mm ... this one is in my top 5 ....

sorry to hack your post .... I could'nt resist !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, the lens is showing some BEAUTIFUL characteristics. Looking at that second image really shows off some outstanding bokeh, as well as some sharp edges. Case in point: the angular lines of the streetlamp - clean and sharp! Case in point: The luscious fade-off -- not only of the boat in the middle ground, but LOOK at that outstanding melting of focus on the right hand buildings! Don't you just love the way the colors are combining to accentuate the creamy highlights?

Damn, that bokeh is GREAT, the more I look at it.

And...the images are first-rate compositions, especially the second and third ones. Beautiful work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes nice shots and a great lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something OT:

@spkennedy3000:
"G2 21 28 45 90
5d with flek 35mm f2.4 and zuiko 18mm f3.5, zuiko 24mm f2.8, zuiko 28mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Nikon 105mm f2.5."

>> WOW!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I have been using this lens too on my D200 and it is amazingly good. I think it rivals my nikkor of the same focal. Your pics are terrific, especially #3. That is such a lovely area - cant wait to get over there.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks - it's edging my AI'd Nikkor 135mm 2.8 for my favourite 135.

I love smooth OOF combined with good sharpness

I'm awaiting the Jupiter37A - you can never have too many 135mm's Wink (although as I seem to have won two auctions by forgetting I'd bid on one, I'll have two of those so will have to offer one on here for a bargain price... Embarassed ).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, you seem to turn into a chief forum donator here. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios I love the walnuts - my kind of picture

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Helios I love the walnuts - my kind of picture

patrickh

Yes a great shot !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series Richard
Yesterday I let a tair go for ?6,69. Now that I look at your samples maybe it was a mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Very nice series Richard
Yesterday I let a tair go for ?6,69. Now that I look at your samples maybe it was a mistake.

I think I paid about twice that for a nr mint example of the 11a, and I think that was a very good price!