Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun zoom 70-210......what mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Sun zoom 70-210......what mount? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

I have seen the pictures of the mount...what is the ES? Is this a T4 or TX mount possibly.I see the pin for the screw mount...just a curious lens YS-70 on the front of the lens as well.Anyone seen one before?

I just did a quick Google and this popped up
http://forum.mflenses.com/aetna-rokunar-sun-optics-70-210-4-auto-zoom-t8033.html

are they related??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YS is an interchangeable mount system used by Sigma and Sun. ES should mean that the M42 mount is coupled for Pentax ES and Spotmatic F cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens Sun Zoom YS-70 70-210mm
It is T-mount (M42 x 0.75 thread), I think, since it does not fit my M42 adapter. It stuck in the adapter after a half turn.

some sample picture taken using this lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oom_tommy/sets/72157621613742352/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mofo

i am not sure what mount this is, but i have this lens in m42 with a 'pistol grip' that stops down the pre-set aperture, and i can tell you i love the lens. very sharp and nice color. if you are interested and can find one with a mount you can use, i would consider it.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be worth looking into...now to see if he/she accepts bank deposit Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, i paid $36 usd for it on ebay. very well made, though now i see i have an 80-210 and this is a 70-210...but mine is mostly metal with a metal cap, very sturdy. for the price i love it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the pistol-grip 80-210 and think it is pretty good too. My avatar image was through that lens!

According to another forum member who own(ed?) both the 70-210 on auction is better; search the forum messages there are several threads about these lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, isnt that a well made lens? and so easy to use. my problem is i cant completely attach it to my camera because the pistol grip hits the overhang of the flash housing, so i use it 1 full turn from complete attachment. i have decided that i am getting an olympus ep2 and i cant wait to try that lens on that camera, with the in body IS and x2 crop factor...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have this one also.

There were at least two similar lenses made by Sun, both made in YS mount as well as fixed mount, and both sold under other brands as well as Sun.

4.8/85-210 made in automatic, pistol-grip, and preset versions. This is the older model, from sometime in the 1960's and apparently a big seller. Interestingly a variant of this was also sold as a Topcor !

4/70-210 from maybe 1970 and probably sold for several years. Sold as YS and fixed mount versions, automatic only.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell -- I have it on the new EP-2. Bought it off a dealer, still in its original leather casing... it's T-mount with a M42 adapter screwed on. Built like a tank -- it's a really heavy mother. Initially shots showed lots of fringing wide open. Stopping down to f8 helps but still quite "soft" compared to my Sigma 70-200. But for 80 bucks it was a bargain and I can't complain. I am sure under the right conditions it will deliver pretty acceptable shots. But don't hope for killer optics with this one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo from it....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey woody

thats funny,because i found mine much sharper than i thought it would be even at 5.6. i wasnt looking at the edge sharpness, but i thought the center sharpness was for me very acceptable. i have yet to test it on my 5d...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
yeah, isnt that a well made lens? and so easy to use. my problem is i cant completely attach it to my camera because the pistol grip hits the overhang of the flash housing, so i use it 1 full turn from complete attachment. i have decided that i am getting an olympus ep2 and i cant wait to try that lens on that camera, with the in body IS and x2 crop factor...

the pistol grip is removable on 80-210.