Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun 200mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Sun 200mm f2.8 Reply with quote

This lens belongs to my son who obtained it in poor condition with fungus issued throughout.
He has disassembled and cleaned it, and was kind enough to lend it to me to try.
It is a very nice lens to use even if a little heavy.
Here are some images from it.
Two are @ 2.8 and one @ f5.6 - you can probably tell which.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens:

Another image from this lovely lens.
It renders so beautifully for flowers. I think it will also excel at female portraits
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice lens, i used to have one, bought it with stuck wide-open aperture and never got the time to repair it. I sold it again as-is with the stuck aperture.

It's said to be quite a rare one with the Sun Optical brandname on it, more common in a Soligor guise!

Some wide open pics : http://forum.mflenses.com/sun-optics-200mm-f-2-8-y-c-mount-t69526.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
Yes, it seems that the Sun made lenses are rarer than the Tokina made, even under the Soligor branding.
I know that my son found it very cheap because of the fungus, but his clean-up has been an exceptional job.
A very likeable lens in use.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Thanks fellas.
Yes, it seems that the Sun made lenses are rarer than the Tokina made, even under the Soligor branding.
I know that my son found it very cheap because of the fungus, but his clean-up has been an exceptional job.
A very likeable lens in use.
OH

90% of soligor lenses in the 1974/1978 period were tokina made
In 1978 AIC (owner of Miranda + Soligor) bankrupted with a high debt left to Tokina
This is the reason why after that period , tokina mainly stopped to sell under oem contract (ie : soligor, vivitar)... and this is why 90% of soligor lenses in the later period were Sun made

To resume , this mean that soligor's tokina or soligor's sun were sold in equivallent number but at different periods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful! Like 1 small Like 1 small