Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun 135 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Sun 135 3.5 Reply with quote

There is a Sun 135 3.5 on Ebay right now. It's cheap, but I didn't buy because of condition issues.

To me this does not look like a Sun made lens. Notice the styling,and also note the serial number ends in E.
Please look at this lens and tell me what you think. I think it is made by Sankor.

Last edited by walter g on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the lens. Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, it could be just what it says it is.

I am not clear on what Sun preset primes of the 1960's looked like. They are not common under the Sun brand, in fact I don't think I have ever seen one.

Now, this lens does not look at all like the Sun zooms of the 1960's, so that is another reason to doubt its a Sun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luisalegria"] I am not clear on what Sun preset primes of the 1960's looked like. They are not common under the Sun brand, in fact I don't think I have ever seen one.

That's a good point. I haven't seen one from the 1960's either.
So I raided my change jar and bought it. Hopefully I will be able to clean it.
Shipping was dirt cheap. The total with shipping was $11.98. I'm willing to risk it being a good lens. Besides I might not find another one to buy. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly interesting to look at...at a quick glance I thought it was a Tamron adaptamatic Embarassed
I hope it cleans up well,and you did not break the piggy bank.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo piggy is safe. Smile
The lens comes with the original leather case, hood, and it has a m42 tmount adapter already on it.
I needed to order m42 tmount adapter anyway,and I can really use the hood. So I figure those 2 on Ebay sell for more then I paid for the lens.
At leat thats how I justified it to myself. Smile

But who's kidding who. I would of bought it anyway. Laughing
I collect orphan lenses. I like owning lenses that are rare or strange.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But who's kidding who. I would of bought it anyway. Laughing
I collect orphan lenses. I like owning lenses that are rare or strange.

No need to say any more you are amongst the addicted... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's not a Sankor, it's a damn good copy Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any links to info about Sankor other than the anamorphics?

I see the Camerapedia.org page on Kowa lists, guess what?, two Soligor Miranda-mount lenses! Very Happy Time to add another manufacturer to Soligors list....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
If that's not a Sankor, it's a damn good copy Laughing

Thank you. It looks like one to me too. Smile
Kinda makes you think that maybe Sun didn't make prime lenses during the 1960's and instead had them made by Sankor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Got any links to info about Sankor other than the anamorphics?

I see the Camerapedia.org page on Kowa lists, guess what?, two Soligor Miranda-mount lenses! Very Happy Time to add another manufacturer to Soligors list....

I haven't found any good Sankor links yet.
Kowa made Soligor. Smile I want one !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens today. It is leaking lubricant, but the apeture works nicely. It's just a little stiffer then normal. The focus is real stiff but works. Not dangerously so, and it might loosen up with use.
The lens is nicer then I expected. It takes a 46mm filter. Shocked
So it's a small diameter lens. Very, very cool. Very Happy
Here is a few pictures, tell me what you think. Take it apart, or not?
I will clean up the little bit of leaking lubricant at the mount.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front element looks worth spending time to clean up. I am curious what those bubbles are? The excess oil coming out of the back ,may be the grease on the helicoid -cleaning/wiping that off with lighter fluid would stop it from being messy.

Good luck walter g. Would be interested to see some cool sample images with that-hope its a good performer. Very Happy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to as to what on the front glass. I will try giving it a good clean.
I'm hoping it performs well. It has 13 blades.

I was really happy to find that the apeture works properly and is not stuck.
I will try to get some pictures as soon as I can with thi lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to have all the Sankor spotting features. Looks like some quality time with tools and solvents is in order. Best of luck with it. Looking forward to seeing pictures from it.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't done a CLA on the lens yet. But I did try it out on my Canon EOS 10D today.
1st pic has no PP. Second pic is a crop of the first. 3RD pic I adjusted the contrast, but it was in Pisca so I didn't have much control.
Just a quick shot. I think with a proper clean this might be a fun lens to use.
All coments Welcome.

Pink BeeBalm.

Pink BeeBalm Crop

Pink BeeBalm Crop C+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you really should do a simply CLA on it. I have one of these Sankor 135mm lenses (mine has a maximum aperature of f3.2 and a front filter of 49mm--does anyone know what the front filter thread is of the f2.8 verision out of curiosity?) and I must say that I think your lens is really suffering in contrast and sharpness from it's un-cleanness. The nice thing about the lens is that it simply screws apart for the elements, so it is very easy to clean.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens branded as Sankor and mine was filthy inside as well! It's really easy to clean though, just unscrew the front element. However, I may have cleaned off any coating that survived the fungus, so it doesn't do well in bright light anymore! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to take the time and do a CLA. It just won't produce a good image the way it is. Sad
I had a couple minutes just before dark so I put it on my Panny G1. Shot is at f4.