Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strictly Flektogon 25/4 Thread - Laurence
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Strictly Flektogon 25/4 Thread - Laurence Reply with quote

I finally screwed the Flektogon 25/4 onto the Revueflex while visiting the wilderness beaches last week.

My previous images with the Flek had sort of disappointed me, until I realized through the forum that I couldn't expect a great deal of edge/corner sharpness until the Flektogon was stopped down from wide open shots.

I put that forum knowledge to use, and deliberately stopped the lens down to a couple of different apertures on a couple of different images.

These two images are not submitted for a "beauty contest" Laughing. Rather they are studies in sharpness and detail for me (and others if they want) to refer to in the future.

This first image shows that the Flektogon is starting to show its mettle! This was at the mid-point between f:5.6 and f:8. I'll call it f:8 for generalization.

The edges are starting to show some crispness. Also, the overall "personality" of the lens is starting to show. A sort of creamy accutance (to me) that is pleasing indeed. I especially like the way it handles the texture of the bedrock in the middle ground. Very cool! Shocked

No sharpening has been applied.

Flektogon 25/4
f:8, 1/60th
Fuji Reala

Here the edges and corners are showing some very fine sharpness, and the details are overall just very good! Now I'm starting to see the virtues of this old lens.

The line of barnacle shells in the upper right portion of the image are very crisp! Also, the overall "feel" is of a glowing and "real" looking image.

No sharpening applied. No post-scanning adjustments applied.

I am very pleased with the Flektogon.

Flektogon 25/4
f:11, 1/125th
Ilford HP5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might not be meant as beauty shots but I like the the composition of the first shot a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

much better than posting a picture of a brick wall! I am on the prowl for something wide, my feeling is this is the flek 20 with out the slight corner distortion. but you can always drop out the extra on a 20, this one seems truly "diagonal sharp"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Bob - looks ike a lens to watch out or. No comment on the pictures I love them as always

patrickh