Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street shots with Yashica 24mm f2.8 C/Y
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Street shots with Yashica 24mm f2.8 C/Y Reply with quote

Yashica 24mm f2.8 C/Y on Canon 5dm2.
Thanks to Tony for this lens, a very good piece of glass.

I did an amateur comparison between this lens and the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4.0 m42 zebra.
Tell me what is your opinion.

#1 @f2.8

#2 @f11

#3 @f8

#4 @f4

#5 @f5.6

#6 @f2.8

#7 @f8

#8 @f8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly gives the flek a real run for the money. Last photo is of the worst chain restaurant in the US. Eat there once a week and die really young!

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoan, i have to say i'm a little surprised. in both series i feel the colors are very muted and the highlights seem mushy. the flek seems to have more clarity, but not as much as i thought. maybe its my monitor, but ive seen your work with the ml before and the IQ here is not what i remember rrom your prior posts.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light was not so bad. cloud cast and an hour before sunset. The Yashica series had best light, while the CZJ flek it was almost dark or too dim to keep the same white balance.

I may need to use them more to verify the color rending. My smc tak 135/3.5, K 135/3.5, smc tak 135/2.5 and K135/2.5 render much richer color in the same light condition.

Both series has about the same pp amount, mostly wb, clarity +1, standard resize sharpen to 2047px wide.
browser may change the details by displaying at 1024px.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this set is nice. I like flek more Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Certainly gives the flek a real run for the money. Last photo is of the worst chain restaurant in the US. Eat there once a week and die really young!
patrickh

Thanks.
When they are opening few years back, the cakes were good, but quickly became worse.
Normally we avoid an empty restaurant during dinner time. Many better places there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a mall I visited in Houston last year. But maybe it's just the concept that is the same? The Yashica seems like a nice lens as does the Flektogon but they both deserve better light. Hard to tell which one is better, the Yashica I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

patrickh

Yeah, but that's where Penny is working Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, when I lived in US (in early 2000) the Cheesecake factory was considered one of the better places (not only chains). On Friday nights you had to wait in line to eat there. I've never been there myself though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Older home in Albany, Oregon Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/202111/10820_19990025_2.jpg
Yashica 24mm ML f2.8 Kodak 200, Yashica FD-X