Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange MC Pancolar 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Strange MC Pancolar 50/1.8 Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought very strange version of 50/1.8 Pancolar. It's the one on the right (3rd from left).

The 1st one is MC slim version (focusing ring has only 3 rows of bumps), 2nd one is MC standard version (5 rows of bumps). The new one has 6 rows of bumps on focusing ring. Aperture ring is completely different and A/M switch is different, too (no A/M lettering, very slim).

Couldn't it be the version which was manufactured by Pentacon for Zeiss? Or an early model?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: the 2nd one (with 5 bumps) was also made with the front ring of the 3rd one. So there are at least 4 versions Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the font on the ring of my Pancolar is a bit bolder (the image can viewed in full resolution)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
I think the font on the ring of my Pancolar is a bit bolder (the image can viewed in full resolution)

You're right. Another one I found of the version I posted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its the Pentacon version, as you say. I did read somewhere, about a guy who bought one of those variants and it came with 2 front bezels in the box, 1 for Pentacon and 1 for Carl Zeiss Jena, wish I could remember where it was. Yours looks very like my Pentacon 50/1.8, could be they used some same parts, its focusing ring has 6 rows of bumps too

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least I hope the Pentacon version does not have the optics of the Pentacon Multicoated 1,8/50mm lens...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compared number of reflections with Pancolar and Pentacon. This lens has the same number of reflections as Pancolar. Pentacon has 1 less.

I'd say it's Pancolar optically.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiri ... so you have a PB mount Pancolar 50/1.8 ?
nice!

I want it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same version.

It's the first version of pancolar MC in black, post zebra version. It could be yellowish tint. @ 9.xxx.xxx

After this, came the red MC with the focusing ring with red numbers, as the first, but like the one with green numbers, not the little. It could be yellowish tinte too. @ 10.00x.xxx

After, the ones with green numbers. More neutral tones than the first two. @ 10.0xx.xxx

After the same but with four and five series numbers.

After the little version.

That all the versions in black MC pancolar 1,8/50 that I saw. In zebra, it's another history (F/2 and F/ 1,8 not MC).

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all sorry for digging a 4 yo thread but my question really fits here...

I'd like to know if there is a consensus about usage of thoriated glass in the MC/non-zebra versions of Pancolar 50. It's known that all the non-zebra versions got different optic formula than the zebra has. So I assume all MC shouldn't have any thorium inside. Right?

Putting it in another words: do I have to put my 5 row Pancolar 50 with green letters and white 'MC' to my shielded box along with the rest of hot lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea , I think don't need any extra care , I did work 13+ yrs in Nuclear Power Plant 5 yrs spent in primary circuit, if you not sleep with your lenses or keep bellow your balls Smile , they are safe even most radioactive one.