Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange and characteristic lenses in M42 and M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: M42 Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
newst wrote:
Three M42 lenses that I have really been impressed with are the..... Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58mm f1.2

I assume that was a typo because this is the first I've heard of it....

: not .

f1:2 most likely

OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
Mir 10A and Industar 61 L/Z have peculiar star shaped aperture, and they happen to be pretty decent lenses, and not too expensive either.

Volna-9 too and it is a better lens than the similar 61 L/Z Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Aanything wrote:
Mir 10A and Industar 61 L/Z have peculiar star shaped aperture, and they happen to be pretty decent lenses, and not too expensive either.

Volna-9 too and it is a better lens than the similar 61 L/Z Wink

Strangely, my Volna-9 is not as good as my Industar-61 L/Z... maybe a bad copy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the Super Takumar 50mm macro, the Volna-9 and Ind. 61 L/Z against each other a few years ago. Ind 61 can focus close, but not to 1:2 as the Takumar and the Volna. Sharpness is similar on all of them. Volna-9 has the best bokeh and is the better choice IMO Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange and characteristic lenses in M42 and M39 Reply with quote

Idyllion wrote:

I really like the Zenitar ME-1 with it's square bokeh for example. Im currently trying to get one for around 50 Euros.

That's an unrealistic price because no one is selling this lens under 300 Euro and there are only 4000 copies so I don't think the seller doesn't know the value of this lens. Be careful, don't be mistaken with the regular Zenitar 50/1.7 lens, it doesn't make square bokeh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: M42 Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
newst wrote:
Three M42 lenses that I have really been impressed with are the..... Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58mm f1.2

I assume that was a typo because this is the first I've heard of it....

: not .

f1:2 most likely

OH

Yes, my clumsy fingers. f2.0.