Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stone Mountain Georgia Relief Carving
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Stone Mountain Georgia Relief Carving Reply with quote

The carving covers an area of 9 acres in size and the figures are 9 stories high. Left to right they are images of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone Mountain is on the other side of Atlanta from me. I went there numerous times in the first 5 years after moving here. Whenever anyone came to visit, it was someplace to take them. On a clear day, you can get some decent sunset pictures of Atlanta from the top of the mountain...It's a nice hike to go down the mountain, but I'm getting too old to hike up it...Nice photos!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, excellent set and some nice detail in those stone carvings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
Stone Mountain is on the other side of Atlanta from me. I went there numerous times in the first 5 years after moving here. Whenever anyone came to visit, it was someplace to take them. On a clear day, you can get some decent sunset pictures of Atlanta from the top of the mountain...It's a nice hike to go down the mountain, but I'm getting too old to hike up it...Nice photos!

I've some of those skyline photos to post tonight Scott. I took the wimps way and rode the tram to the top. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Agree, excellent set and some nice detail in those stone carvings.

Thanks. The Bigma does a decent job on these, even hand held. No crops here either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Thanks for sharing. It was told in the show "Life after people" that this would probably be one of the last remaining items left on this planet, made by mankind, if we were to all "disappear". They were talking it would still be around in 10000 years.

It is a mountain of pure granite so that might be true.