Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Step by step disassembly of the Ihagee original EXA - II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Step by step disassembly of the Ihagee original EXA - II Reply with quote

This is a follow-up of the first thread. I've put it aside to make easier to search and view.

In this part, I've been able to disassemble all the shutter triggering elements, mainly to be able to clean and lubricate them before trying to solve the problem this camera has.

Step #1

With the internal block in hands, the first step is removing the two screws at the bottom that support the mirror release lever (left one) and the second "curtain's" hold and release lever. They are attached by a small spring, I've found useful to remove/place them at once, much better than doing it separately and placing the spring afterwards.

Step #2

Now we'll remove the spring that tensions the shutter trigger lever, by removing the central screw.

Step #3

Now, we will remove the mirror retainer by removing the only screw that holds it in place.

Step #4

Time to remove the shutter trigger with its lever, also removing the central screw.

Step #5

Next is to remove the speed selector lever. First remove the center screw, but be careful of not losing the black spacer below, it may be confused with a dirty grease mark.

Step #6

Finally remove the last lever by unscrewing the center screw as indicated in the picture:

Now we've all the parts from the shutter mechanism ready to clean and lubricate.

Hope this would be useful for someone. I've not found any information related regarding this breakdown, so these are my findings.
Happy to share.

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks Jes!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many many thanks Jes!

You're welcome!....
Without you sending me that body, I would haven't been able to do the surgery Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad this body landed in the best hands, this is so great!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Need guidance Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an Ihagee Dresden Exa Version 4, looks exactly like the one you dismantled. Everything works except the shutter. Somehow it seems as if it's constantly stuck at one speed and even when I set it to bulb, it doesn't stay open when I kept the shutter button pressed. It just snaps like when set to any other shutter speed. Is there anything in particular I'm supposed to look out for when i attempt to repair my camera?

Thanks in advanced! And a very useful thread you made!

Regards,
Maula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Need guidance Reply with quote

ifan209 wrote:
Hello,

I have an Ihagee Dresden Exa Version 4, looks exactly like the one you dismantled. Everything works except the shutter. Somehow it seems as if it's constantly stuck at one speed and even when I set it to bulb, it doesn't stay open when I kept the shutter button pressed. It just snaps like when set to any other shutter speed. Is there anything in particular I'm supposed to look out for when i attempt to repair my camera?

Thanks in advanced! And a very useful thread you made!

Regards,
Maula

Difficult to say. I got several of them in such status. I got the EXa repair manual telling what to do, but it's in German and I've been unable to translate it.
I tried to shorten one of the springs (to give more tension) and sligthly bend the lever that has a "bridge" on it. Loosening the screw that holds it in place. Then the speeds seem to be moreless accurate. But I cannot screw in the fixing screw, then things go bad again...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need guidance Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I got the EXa repair manual telling what to do, but it's in German and I've been unable to translate it.

Send it to me, I will try to translate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Need guidance Reply with quote

Gonzoo wrote:
Send it to me, I will try to translate.

Here is the translation of the relevant pages 5&6 of the Exa0+Exa1 repair manual to adjust the shutter. Some part titles are hard to translate, you have to look up the matching serial number in the list of parts.

2. Shutter does not work (Verschlußklappen 350.04 U 5 are running closed)

Dismantle the camera as described in chapter: "A.1." to "A.4.", "AA.1 to AA.3" and "C.1. repair of certain problems"

a) Check all shutter levers positions (smooth and exact movement), Spiegelhaltefeder 300.23 U5 has to lie flat against release lever (Abdruckhebel) 350.05-8. If everything described in a) is working properly and the problem persists, the shutter has to be justated.

b) Set Zeiteinstellhebel 350.04 U3 (EXA) or Zeiteinstellscheibe 350.21 U3 (EXA 1/63) to Bulb mode. Wind up the shutter (e.g. cock the film advance lever)

c) Hold first shutter flap (erste Verschlußklappe) with your finger, release (trigger) the shutter and let go of the shutter flap slowly. Dont touch the mirror. Normally the first shutter flap is released 2mm before the end stop of the release lever (Abdruckhebel). This can be adjusted by bending the release lever through a justage slot.

d) Slowly return the release lever to its starting position. This triggers the second shutter flap (zweite Verschlußklappe) approximately 2mm before the edge of the plate (?). The release time of the second shutter flap can be adjusted by bending the "release-nose" (Auslösenase: this is kind of hard to translate, it should be something like a "convexity") on the release lever.

e) Wind up the shutter

f) Release the shutter and examine the second release flap carefully. When the first release flap is running, the second release flap should move approximately 1mm towards the trigger lever (Auslösehebel) 350.04 -12. If it does not, the triger lever has to be adjusted.

g) Set Zeiteinstellhebel to 1/50 sec or Zeiteinstellscheibe to 1/60 sec. Wind up the shutter.

h) Hold first shutter flap (erste Verschlußklappe) with your finger, release (trigger) the shutter and let go of the shutter flap slowly. Now, the trigger pin (Auslösestift) of the first shutter flap has to run aground on the top of the double-lever of the Zeiteinstellhebel (see picture 3). If it does not, the end point of the double-lever at the Zeiteinstellhebel has to be adjusted.

i) Set Zeiteinstellhebel to 1/150 sec or Zeiteinstellscheibe to 1/175 (?, hard to read) sec. Wind up the shutter.

j) Hold first shutter flap (erste Verschlußklappe) with your finger, release (trigger) the shutter and let go of the shutter flap slowly. Now, the trigger pin (Auslösestift) of the first shutter flap (see marked position in picture 4) has to trigger the second shutter flap. If it does not, the Schaltsegment 350.04-13 needs to be bended at the lower end/part