Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spur Nano Edge and Leica M9 by E. Puts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Spur Nano Edge and Leica M9 by E. Puts Reply with quote

http://www.imx.nl/photo/Film/page169/page169.html
Far be from me the idea of starting yet another pointless argument about film vs. digital. Reading this article I was just impressed on how much 35mm film photography has still to say in terms of maximum quality, not that it would matter that much for practical purposes (mine at least) but still good to know. I just wonder the impact of a test run on bigger formats. Shocked

Best, M.-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test in the article is basically a B&W resolution test - something that color Bayer sensors (and their required anti-alias filters) in digital cameras just aren't very good at.

It is unfortunate that no manufacturer (aside from a short stint by Kodak) has stepped forward to develop a genuine monochrome digital rangefinder or DSLR. Sad I'm sure the resolution difference between an anti-aliased "18 MP" color Bayer image and a clean honest 18MP monochrome would be stunning. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Not again! Shocked