Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet KO-120M 120mm/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Soviet KO-120M 120mm/1.8 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Here is another projection lens adapted to M42 with focus ring. It's look a bit like Petzval diagram, but not exactly :

So it has big spherical aberration, but funny to use. It naturely cover FF (it's a big lens). It was made buy MMZ, looks to be old (from 60')

Here is the lens :

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results with swirly bokeh.
Looks a bit like a petzval.
How exactly did your conversion work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Very nice results with swirly bokeh.
Looks a bit like a petzval.
How exactly did your conversion work?

I don't know exactly, I didn't converted, it's a friend here in Odessa who do it. But to focus, I just turn the lens, like normal focus. He certainly inserted an helicoidal in this cup.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Soviet KO-120M 120mm/1.8 Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Here is another projection lens adapted to M42 with focus ring. It's look a bit like Petzval diagram, but not exactly

I believe it IS a Petzval type lens.
It appears to be a clone of the Zeiss Kipronar H-FT*. Take a look at the diagram P3 here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/roger-cicala-tests-lomographys-petzval-lens-t67138.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petzvals are great! Great adaptation - elegant look Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice to me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like - looks quite good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Soviet KO-120M 120mm/1.8 Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Here is another projection lens adapted to M42 with focus ring. It's look a bit like Petzval diagram, but not exactly

I believe it IS a Petzval type lens.
It appears to be a clone of the Zeiss Kipronar H-FT*. Take a look at the diagram P3 here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/roger-cicala-tests-lomographys-petzval-lens-t67138.html

You're right, looks like the same diagram.

Thanks for you comments! Smile