Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony SEL18-55 takes my most successful flickr photo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Sony SEL18-55 takes my most successful flickr photo Reply with quote

the other day I was out at the Fisherman's Wharf in Taipei, a favorite evening spot.
Like usually I carried the SEL18-55 kit lens ( and a f1.4/40 Pen-F lens ) for my NEX5N but no tripod, fortunately there was a wall to rest the camera on

to my surprise soon many favs and comments put in on #1 spot at "explore" ( for July 23rd ) which makes it my 'most successful photo' at flickr. It must be the scene with it's colors, the lens did a good job too because after just having done handhelds after setting it up for a self exp. shot I had forgotten to stop it down Embarassed

best greetings from Taipei,
Andreas

Last edited by kuuan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a fine shot Andreas!
Congrats on the explore Smile
Idk abt the 5N but the nex7 + 18-55 combo took pictures in the middle of the night, in a jungle with absolutely no other sources of light
Sadly, the f3.5 brought out the worst of too many megapixels + 12,800 ISO
But hey, atleast I got the shot!
Newayz, do you have any experience with the tamron zoom for nex?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's Hari
I really dig the high ISO performance of modern digital camera, it opens up a new world of handheld night shots

nope, no experience with any other E mount lens but the SEL18-55 and SEL16

cheers,
andreas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, beautiful colorful night shot !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nicely done Andreas - Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subject won, who care lens, congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning image, congrats, Andreas! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much poilu, Klaus, Attila and Bill.

right, it's the subject.
Every Taiwanese seem to have a camera and that evening there were many with big gear, tripods and all doing their trick or snapping themselves with their handphones. Usually I rather don't take yet another photo of a motive of which there must be 1000s around, it's just another one more and there must be many better ones too, surprising that it made the #1 spot on explore.

best greetings from Taiwan,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about...

... the eye of the photographer
... the right subject
... the right light

and then about the gear.

Congrats, Andreas!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
It's about...

... the eye of the photographer
... the right subject
... the right light

and then about the gear.

right!

LucisPictor wrote:

Congrats, Andreas!

thank you Carsten Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot . Allways the magic hour ! Attila is right , who cares the lens?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid colours and framing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

+1 on Attila's comment! This could have been taken with the most lowly rated lens, and
it would still be the same shot that comes out of the "eye" of the photographer. The person
who is using the tool, no matter how it performs, is responsible for getting the picture. And,
you CERTAINLY got the picture!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Beautiful shot . Allways the magic hour ! Attila is right , who cares the lens?

yes Teo, magic hour, and who cares the lens Wink

but I should say that the SEL18-55 is surprisingly good, well, sometimes looks a bit flat, but sharpness is good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Splendid colours and framing.

thank you Martin Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Attila wrote:

+1 on Attila's comment! This could have been taken with the most lowly rated lens, and
it would still be the same shot that comes out of the "eye" of the photographer. The person
who is using the tool, no matter how it performs, is responsible for getting the picture. And,
you CERTAINLY got the picture!

thank you Laurence, very kind Smile
I had taken quite a few that evening, better one was framed and timed decently enough Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony SEL18-55 takes my most successful flickr photo Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
the other day I was out at the Fisherman's Wharf in Taipei, a favorite evening spot.
Like usually I carried the SEL18-55 kit lens ( and a f1.4/40 Pen-F lens ) for my NEX5N but no tripod, fortunately there was a wall to rest the camera on

to my surprise soon many favs and comments put in on #1 spot at "explore" ( for July 23rd ) which makes it my 'most successful photo' at flickr. It must be the scene with it's colors, the lens did a good job too because after just having done handhelds after setting it up for a self exp. shot I had forgotten to stop it down Embarassed

best greetings from Taipei,
Andreas

It's a nice photo but I just took through your photostream and there are plenty of much better images there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony SEL18-55 takes my most successful flickr photo Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:

It's a nice photo but I just took through your photostream and there are plenty of much better images there.

haha, thank you Yebisu, very kind of you. This photo turned out pleasant, it's ok, but it's not "my kind" of photo at all! There are plenty others which I prefer, may I simply say because of "more soul", and I hope that more photographers than you and me feel so too Wink

I upload many photos and I have learned a lot by the reactions to them, specially at the popular, social platform that flickr is Wink