Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony NEX focusing aid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Sony NEX focusing aid Reply with quote

I am thinking to take this device , to provide accurate focusing on bright sunny days, I miss very much an EV finder.

http://www.linkdelight.com/vmchk/A1A-LCDVF-Viewfinder-for-Canon-Nikon-Pentax-Panasonic-DSLR-cameras.html

Last edited by Attila on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks promising, does it have a diopter adjustment?
That is my only concern, since I am far-sighed....the price is reasonable.

I sent a questionary to them. Will wait for their answer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used this item on my Canon XTi for 3+ years and it is great. The main thing it allows is that it folds down when not in use. They have generic models if none is mentioned for your particular camera.

http://delkin.com/c-147095-protect-pop-up-shade-pro.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep us updated! I've seen this shade too:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds interesting!

EDIT: I have ordered this device and will report once it arrives.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

device arrived today, no diopter correction , simple magnifier to right distance , produce large bright image. It was designed for Canon DSLR geometry is not exactly same but usable. Vertical frames are glued strong on plastic LCD protector , horizontal lines don't I did use some black tape to fix few mm difference. Not an elegant solution , looks promising in practical usage.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo, get an ep2! this seems to defeat the whole point of these type cams, which is their portability, the fact that theyre tiny and are easy to hide street shooters, like leica. i think only olly has in a high quality way solved the problem of providing an evf but still keeping these cams small as intended.

also, not to speak untoward, but frankly i have not seen an IQ difference between sony and olly that would provide such a convincing argument to choose this type of incovenient setup over the ease of olly. i think folks put way too much stock in the generic supposed superiority of aps-c over m4/3, because honestly, in the real world, i havent seen it.

again, this is just my opinion based on what ive seen and experienced, i do not meanto offend anyone, as certainly opinions can differ.

Last edited by rbelyell on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks huge! Very Happy

Please keep us updated! I definately need something to help focus in bright light...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APS-C is really wider Tony.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a shield thingy on GF1 that goes on the hotshoe, cover the screen and can be flipped up, it is $15-20 and pretty effective during sunny days. The NEX does not have a hotshoe though.. and yes it looks huge. Laughing
By the way, I tried a magnifying glass thingy but it didn't work for me as I wear glasses Crying or Very sad I supposed you are not a glass wearer?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
It was designed for Canon DSLR geometry is not exactly same but usable. Vertical frames are glued strong on plastic LCD protector , horizontal lines don't ...

Oh, that's a shame!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to try that on my nokia phone Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
I use a shield thingy on GF1 that goes on the hotshoe, cover the screen and can be flipped up, it is $15-20 and pretty effective during sunny days. The NEX does not have a hotshoe though.. and yes it looks huge. Laughing
By the way, I tried a magnifying glass thingy but it didn't work for me as I wear glasses Crying or Very sad I supposed you are not a glass wearer?

I need glass , but not strong -0.5 - 0.7 + I don't see close things (old man thing Smile I see small subject clear longer distance a bit than my arm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey attila

yes, i understand the crop factor on nex, or aps-c is 1.5vs2x for m4/3. i was talking about IQ difference. it appears to me most people just assume, based on tech specs, aps sensor vs m4/3 is better=better IQ and in my personal observation that hasnt been true.

if the nex IQ was SO much better than m4/3, then i could better understand why some would go to such extreme and inconvenient ways to compensate for fact that nex is difficult to focus. but imho, m4/3 has at least as good IQ, and in my opinion better in low light and better handling of highlights, so why go through all this craziness to make this nex usable when there is a much simpler and better alternative?

seriously attila, will you really enjoy using your nex with this contraption attached more than you will enjoy using your g1? do you really see a quality difference that would make you more enthused to use the nex vs g1? if your g1 was same size as nex AND had great evf, wouldnt that be a better solution than nex with this attachment?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The high ISO performance is an argument...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay, Tony! I agree. Carsten has also right lowest level Olympus vs lowest level Sony far better on high ISO, only newest and more expensive m4/3 good at high ISO.

Today I did try out my focusing aid, works great !!! I am happy with it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila, if you are happy, i am happy! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
attila, if you are happy, i am happy! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The high ISO performance is an argument...

And for adapted lens, a larger sensor will be able to resolve more detail.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes alex, that is the theory.but from what i have personally seen, in this case, i have not observed it to be true. it does not seem to me from the pictures ive seen that the nex resolve any better than any of the olly m4/3's, actually it appears to me to be the contrary. i also find the nex has big problems with highlights, and i personally dont like the color rendition. again, this is only my opinion based on what my eye sees, no offence intended to anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered this item on March 6.
I have not received it yet (March 29).

That is very long!

Attila, how long did you have to wait for it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me ordered it at March 6, but
I have not received it yet.
The same situation as the above. Crying or Very sad

I am going away from this Friday, it must come before that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-14 working days max

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
10-14 working days max

What? They are having a laugh on me, so it seems!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did take out my new favorite tool on bright sunny days, I did really enjoy to use it. Works perfect I am a really happy owner. It is convenience even if camera hanging in my neck magnetic frame keep viewer well.