Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is we will need to use adapters (for our MF lens) with electrical contacts with the new A7 II to activate the 5-axis stabilization. I hope I am wrong though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
My guess is we will need to use adapters (for our MF lens) with electrical contacts with the new A7 II to activate the 5-axis stabilization. I hope I am wrong though.

Wrong. For IBIS, you can select the lens focal length on A7II.
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/img/avw/docs/676/968/html/sony13.jpg.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
my_photography wrote:

Wrong. For IBIS, you can select the lens focal length on A7II.
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/img/avw/docs/676/968/html/sony13.jpg.html

( dialing in the focal lengths of lenses not recognized by the camera, that is of adapted lenses, for the camera to know how to best operate it's inbody stabilization is how Pentax dSLRs do it, I believe also Olympus mirrorless. A Pentax prompt you to do this whenever a lens without electrical contacts is detected. )

I take the fact that the A7II allows for dialing in the focal lengths of an adapted lens as an indication that Sony actually, even if it officially seems to deny it, does aim the camera to users of adapted lenses. This raises my hopes, even that it's sensor might work better with rangefinder wide angles than it's predecessors do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One benefit with IBIS, at least as implemented with Olympus, is that its activated for the evf as well. It makes focusing longer focal lengths a tad easier apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have a buyer on my A7R so I will probably move over to A7 II now Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your a7r has very low shutter count.
I'm keep asking myself if you are using it at all Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3200 pictures was my final count on the A7R Wink
I sold mine today and I´m not a A7R owner any more Rolling Eyes

Fantastic camera, insane resolution and fabolous dynamics... but my hart points me in the direction of A7 II now... Wink

I will play with my OM-D and my c-mounts until they can deliver A7 II Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
3200 pictures was my final count on the A7R Wink
I sold mine today and I´m not a A7R owner any more Rolling Eyes

Fantastic camera, insane resolution and fabolous dynamics... but my hart points me in the direction of A7 II now... Wink

I will play with my OM-D and my c-mounts until they can deliver A7 II Very Happy

in Japan already selling online, in shops after December 5th, and cheapest Amazon offer for only for abt. 1550 usd, most expensive for abt. 1800, but that from stores that have a 10% point policy ( meaning one gets 180 discount on any following purchase. just saying because of the price, don't buy a Sony camera from Japan! they come in "Japanese only", can't select any other language for the menu )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"just saying because of the price, don't buy a Sony camera from Japan! they come in "Japanese only", can't select any other language for the menu"

Can't a firmware update or some kind of "soft" intervention fix that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
"just saying because of the price, don't buy a Sony camera from Japan! they come in "Japanese only", can't select any other language for the menu"

Can't a firmware update or some kind of "soft" intervention fix that?

no, not that I know if. many have tried with earlier models, flashing firmware of e.g. NEX, but nobody yet has reported success. ( Some 9 years ago I had bought a Japanese Panasonic video cam that also was 'Japanese only', bought it nevertheless because it sold for double the price in Europe. Many tried to do something about it but noone ever had reported success. I believe that Panasonic is the only other maker that does this, and not with every model. Japanese Canon cams had been reported too, but actually one can change language on those, just that, at least on some models if not most, if set to Japanese they don't indicated in English where to set the language and that makes it very tricky to find the needed menu option )
Sony also sales socalled 'export models' here in Japan, that is 'international models' on which one can select from a large number of languages, but they sell those more expensively than anywhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current A7 II price in Norway is $2345! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

outch!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

That's only what, 300 bottles of beer? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's expensive beer Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is exspensive here, but fresh air and water is for free Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
I take the fact that the A7II allows for dialing in the focal lengths of an adapted lens as an indication that Sony actually, even if it officially seems to deny it, does aim the camera to users of adapted lenses. This raises my hopes, even that it's sensor might work better with rangefinder wide angles than it's predecessors do.

the handout I picked up at 'Yodobashi Camera', for saying 'Stability for all', also had given me that impression

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice poster Wink
Well, I`m on the local list for an A7 II now (yeah, $2345 in Norway! ...it`s only money). Anyone else buying this camera? Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ok with 36Mpx, and don't have many wide rangefinder lenses, but it depends.
a7r is not the only body i use. I still have the 5d/2. I want the a7s ii more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good IBIS result with a 180mm lens.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-australia-now-accepting-preorders-on-the-new-5-axis-a7ii/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected.
I use pentax bodies because of this. Shooting mirror lenses with a7ii will be much better Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am certainly buying, but most likely second hand.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Pretty good IBIS result with a 180mm lens.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-australia-now-accepting-preorders-on-the-new-5-axis-a7ii/

Impressive!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Sony A7II is actually a very very bad thing....I've been slowly selling off bits and pieces in anticipation of purchasing a used A7 original version, which is starting to drop below USA$1,000 on eBay....by February I bet they will be at the US$800 mark...which is where I can buy.

But now, I want this...the IBIS video with the Nikkor 180mm was pretty damn compelling, plus the enhancements to the body grip and mode dials make this new version as comfortable in the hand as my old classic Canon 5D.

Sigh.

I might have to wait until 2016 for used A7II bodies to hit my magic $800 price. Unless I sell my kid Smile