Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SONY a7 impressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: SONY a7 impressions Reply with quote

Yesterday I got my Sony a7 and I started to used it.

First impression about the camera:
- all commands respect nex 7 are changed and it's not so easy to set up
- there is some "NO SENSE"like no zoom if you shoot on RAW only. if you shoot RAW you can't set the picture styles (but if you do it by main menu you can do!). If you set a picture style, the monitor show the normal image and only later (after the shoot) the final result. For me the last one is a problem for B/W.
- zoom command is different in Live view and in view after shooting...

But... it's great camera concept and i'm excited to use all my set of Canon Fd lenses on this!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADAPTORS:

The adaptor for NEX working properly on Sony a7. This is the first main question solved.

My Novoflex FD to NEX had strong problems of fix black corners . I opened it and I removed a sort of plastic rings inside that reduced the projection of the image. After this operation now Is perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soon I'll anticipate few pictures about Canon FD on a7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some FDn 80-200/4L on A7
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1255248/14#11975534

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "no zoom in RAW"?
Focus magnifition works in Raw.

About image styles in RAW, i don't think it's a non-sens to not have them. RAW is RAW file. It's made to let you deal with compression and image treatement. If you want to make the camera deal with the color rendering, then its not raw anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
congrats to the a7! I just got my NEX6. Very Happy

Laughing congrats! Thank you for quick report and look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
What do you mean by "no zoom in RAW"?
Focus magnifition works in Raw.

About image styles in RAW, i don't think it's a non-sens to not have them. RAW is RAW file. It's made to let you deal with compression and image treatement. If you want to make the camera deal with the color rendering, then its not raw anymore.

Probably he refers to "clear image zoom" or whatever the digital zoom with interpolated pixel is called now.
If this is the case it makes perfect sense that the camera supports it only in jpeg as, just like with creative styles, the image processor has to do some heavy work on the data coming from the sensor.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adaptor problem, black corners generate by the adaptor. I solved it removing all plastic "rings" put inside it . Rings that reduced the aperture.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Focus magnifition works in Raw. "

yes I meant this one. In my Nex 7 is working in a7 the camera tell me that it's not possible if I'm shooting only in Raw. For this reason I put JPEG/RAW. This function , sometimes, is very important to focus properly with Manual lenses

picture style preview.
this a good way to anticipate the result of some setting like B/W or landscape color setting. I feel it a good support to decide in advance what I want to do.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine works fine in RAW only mode. The digital teleconverter function only works in jpg mode as someone else has posted above.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the viewfinder like?

It it a bit,, 1990's cam corder feeling looking at a tiny TV screen?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The viewfinder is very good, but I find focusing quite hard with it. I end up looking for moire to determine correct focus, which is a bit weird!