Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
SOny A7 and Contax Carl Zeiss Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: SOny A7 and Contax Carl Zeiss Lenses Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am interested to buy some Contax CZ lenses for my sony A7.
Which one do you recommand?
I am up for a small zoom (24-85) and a wide angle on any type of mount (N, C/Y ...)

What do you think about Yashica ML lenses also ??

Thanks for your advices

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of them, Contax series is exceptional, quality is consistent top quality on all members. I did try only primes.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using a 35-70 f 3.4 (constant on all focal range) for many years now.

Quite stellar, no distortion, uniform brightness, sharp, light, no flare in any situation.

If I compare the T treatment of such era lenses (I have the planar 1.7 and I have had the sonnar 135 and the wide 28.28 as well) with my sony rx-100's pseudo T treatment I cry.

Old contax lenses had no flare, period. These new T treatment lenses are poor and flare desperatly despite carrying a red T.

I also saw some pictures from the CZ zm 35 1.4 on flickr, there was no flare but the diaphragm would give some starry reflections.

Not much but annoying and nothing I would expect from a similar summicron or an old c/y zeiss lens.

I would buy gladly any glass from thats eries.

18mm wide angle can be had for a human figure, the 21 strangely is above the 1000 euros, though.

Planar 1.7 was described to me by a zeiss engineer who had come to my town to show a telescope as the most perfect lens, well, in 1986: no need to look for the more costly 1.4.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends what you need ...

They're very good on A7 in general

CONTAX Planar 2.8/60 on Sony A7II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I'm late. I like CZ C/Y lenses. let a few examples from the CZ T* 50/1.7 MMJ C/Y lens (+a7):

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SOny A7 and Contax Carl Zeiss Lenses Reply with quote

strummer wrote:
Hi all,
I am interested to buy some Contax CZ lenses for my sony A7.
Which one do you recommand?
I am up for a small zoom (24-85) and a wide angle on any type of mount (N, C/Y ...)

What do you think about Yashica ML lenses also ??

Thanks for your advices

Cheers

I can recommend the C/Y Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 4/80-200mm to you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using on my Sony A7 and Sony A6000 with adaptor, and row of my C/Y Zeiss and other glasses!

With These two Panorama Images, I have used the C/Y Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 28-85mm!