Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony a6000 Hot Mirror Removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Sony a6000 Hot Mirror Removal Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!

I've recently done this to NEX-3N, and to my surprise it was a more complex and treacherous disassembly than that of either a6000 or A7R.

After trying a bunch of filters, I think I kind of dig the B&W in ~900+nm infrared and the mix of visible and infrared from the pedestrian R25A filter.
Gives just enough spectrum range to play with color with reasonable tonal range.

As for the widely recommended Hoya R72, I found it to be perfectly boring: not quite as contrasty as 900+nm IR filters, too narrow band for color photos.

Stacking a bunch of stuff to get Aerochrome-like colours was bit underwhelming: once you get there, the results are a bit over the top.

Haven't tried to get blue-white IR look yet, something to play with in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
aidaho wrote:

Stacking a bunch of stuff to get Aerochrome-like colours was bit underwhelming: once you get there, the results are a bit over the top.

Did you use an Orange 550 IR long pass for the Aerochrome look?

https://midopt.com/filters/lp550/

IIRC I got close to the Aerochrome-like look with some other filter first, but that solution required color swap in post. I'll post a stack, if I remember it.
If you want SOOC jpegs (and live view) to look like that, the only working solution for me was a stack of weak IR filters (KG/BG series) with Scuba Blue gel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

I'll shuffle my bunch of filters and came back to you with the exact stack for the Aerochrome-like look I've posted above.

Had to do some digging in my purchase history, since one of the filter was unmarked and it took me some time to identify it.

It's a Chinese GRB3 (Schott KG3 close) on top of the slice of Scuba Blue gel.
Aerochrome SOOC on Sony NEX-3N after setting custom white balance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, great, I've destroyed my previous post by accidental editing. Again.
Whoever thought putting "edit" in place of "quote" while designing phpbb engine is responsible for lot of these screwups.