Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more Marburg shots...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Some more Marburg shots... Reply with quote

...this time with my Minolta Hi-Matic F on Kodak BW400CN (I love this combination!)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very nice, Carsten! Great lighting. I see you used good film,
too. I just found out the hard way that using the cheap Fomapan and
Arista Ultra BW film is not a good idea in my Oly 35RCs. Sad Major film
transport problem with either film.

Did you scan these yourself or have a minilab do it?

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to a lab myself. I would like to develop some shots again.
But I have a pretty good minilab close by and they do some fine scanning as well for affordable prices: € 6,- for film development and 4 MPix scans. That's not too bad. The development jobs they do are more than OK.
Sometimes the pics get a little too noisy, but then I can tell them not to push the shadows, mostly they remember. Wink

My film scanner is broken, so I have to depend on them until I get a new one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 and #3 for me, with #3 having that classic (to me anyway...) 60's period feel with the large Germanic looking building in the background.

It reminds me of the sample images you saw in German camera manuals and lens brochures from the late 50's and early to mid 60's.

I like it very much.