Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some help needed. Soligor tele-auto 135mm f2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Some help needed. Soligor tele-auto 135mm f2,8 Reply with quote

Hello, I have a soligor lens:

Front:

Back:

And that is where the issue is. It has this strange button. If you push it, the aparture closes.

Is this button supposed to be there or is that a repair?
Because it seems that I cannot move that O-L button at all. (Is it the same as an A-M button on other M42 lenses?)

And second question. The aparture ring moves left as well as right. What is the use for that?

This lens confuses me Laughing

If anyone with the smae lens could help me out with my question, that would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o-l switch is for removing the mount, it's probably T-4 lens with interchangeable mount

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is T4, but none of mine has that button

EDIT. Yes, two of do have that button. Embarassed

Last edited by Lloydy on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me that the A-M switch on the T4 M42 mount has come off, or at any rate been replaced by that wee bolt.
On these T4 mounts the a-m switch is a momentary one ie when you push it the iris closes but only while you hold it. I mod mine so it stops down all the time with the aperture ring.

T4 user manual:

http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/Manuels/Soligor_T4.pdf

Hang on I notice in that u/m that the pentax cs mount has a bolt like on yours...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information
This my first time encountering a t4 mount
I had no idea what i had here
The manual makes it all clear
The button is original as can be seen on page 5
And the double sided aparture is aparently there because some t4 mounts mount clockwise and others counterclockwise
I am going to try and remove the mount

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it must be an early one. All the ones I have seen have been like this:

Sorry for the so-so pic, I just grabbed it using the flash on my G1. The blue tape isn't original that's just to make a tighter fit with my M42-PK adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get my TX / T4 lenses out tomorrow and compare them. ( it's been a long day Wink )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, its an original variant of the T4 M42 mount.
I have seen these with the button as well as the wheel.
I would prefer the button, the wheel is just annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went searching for other soligor lenses

I found a 200mm f3,5. This one does have the wheel:

And then I have found yet another soligor but this mount looks completely different. It is also interchangeable (this one is miranda) but doesn't have an o-l button. Looks similar to the miranda mount in the booklet apart from the middle button.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Soligor 4.5/250 has the same feature as part of its T4 mount.
See here
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:

And then I have found yet another soligor but this mount looks completely different. It is also interchangeable (this one is miranda) but doesn't have an o-l button. Looks similar to the miranda mount in the booklet apart from the middle button.

pre-sensorex T4 mount without coupling arm to metering

the interchangeables mounts for miranda are
-Without ANY coupling at all fir pre-sensorex cameras : t2 44mm or t4 (soligor/vivitar) bayonet or adaptamatic (tamron)
-With external coupling to metering for sensorex/sensorex 2 cameras : T4 (soligor/vivitar) or Ys (sigma/sun) or adaptamatic/adaptall (tamron) or uni (komura)
-With internal coupling for Sensorex EE/Dx3 cameras : NEVER came in interchangeable mount

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
I went searching for other soligor lenses

A very early T4 version with a thumbscrew instead of the ratchet lock.

There is another variation of this Tokina mount known as Lentar Automount in the US. I've also seen Hanimex branded versions of this. Instead of being attached with a breech lock style ring, the adapter is secured via a threaded ring.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an example of the hanimex variant mount casualcollector?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161763568485?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I looked at this and couldn't figure out why it seems to have what looks like an M42 A-M ring with a CAF mount.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. Vivitar / Canon FD Breechlock with stop down button.

B. Unbranded / Canon FD Breechlock with stop down button.

C. Vivitar / Olympus OM with stop down button on side, as OM lenses.

D. Soligor / M42 with stop down as a sliding button on side of mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Is this an example of the hanimex variant mount casualcollector?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161763568485?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I looked at this and couldn't figure out why it seems to have what looks like an M42 A-M ring with a CAF mount.

That looks like a fixed Canon FL mount lens. An A-M ring is common on aftermarket Canon FL mount lenses and appears on all Canon made FL series lenses.