Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Bigma and other AF lens pics of some of my neighbours.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Some Bigma and other AF lens pics of some of my neighbours. Reply with quote

White plumed honey eater. These little fellas, smaller then a sparrow will biff birds 10x their size if they invade their patch.

The New Holland honey eater

The Aussies will know this fella, the sulphur crested cockatoo

Long billed corellas conspiring to skip the restaurant bill.

These pigeons listen to the Sex Pistols through their Ipods.
[img]http://www.xjgarage.org/photos/september2009/slides
/PICT5317.JPG[/img]
This cockatoo is known as sooty to his mates.

That will do for now,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Long billed corellas conspiring to skip the restaurant bill.

they could also be conspiring to get the photographer!!! Laughing "That lens looks tasty"
Great photos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such birds we can see here (if any) at the zoo. Crying or Very sad

What a great place for a bird photographer ! Unbelievable.

Great shots. I like them all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Rolf, it is a great place for birds, the come right into the city now where I live. Here they have set up nature corridors and folk have gotten back to planting native plants in their gardens which helps bring them back to the city.
And I have a lot more pics of other birds to show, some not the greatest pics, if you are interested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! You don't know how much envy I am Very Happy many thanks for these great pictures!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics John,

I love the corellas having a natter, they definately look as if they are up to no good Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:

And I have a lot more pics of other birds to show, some not the greatest pics, if you are interested.

Oh, yes please.

BTW: Read some month ago a newspaper article, that for example in the Stuttgart area (main city in Baden-Württemberg) few thousands of parrots (different species) live in the wild Shocked
The winter season is so warm in the meantime here in Germany that these birds have a good chance.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey! you don't get many of them in Croydon!! Very Happy

Nice images

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf it would be interesting to see how those escaped parrots breed in the German wilds and if you end up with some sizable colonies.
Alittle butcher bird, feathers all fluffed up to keep warm as this was taken mid winter.

Yellow beliied robin, this fella hides in shrubs so tricky to get decent pics of thanks to all the branches in the way

Black masked cuckoo shrike

The yellow thornbill

Any Aussie of the forum will know the rainbow lorikeet

The musk lorikeet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images. Many thanks !

If I would have such birds in my garden I would be a bird photographer too. We have here a lot of different birds but not so wonderful and colorful.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll echo Rolf's comments. We have plenty of birds, but nothing as
colorful as you've shown us here, John. These are fine shots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you any of the superb blue wren in all it's glory??...This is why I want to get the right gear for all the birds and wildlife in Oz.It frustrates me with my little point and shoot Olympus.
Fantastic photos...and guys just post your bird shots it does not matter that they do not have the colours of Australia... If they are unique to your country show them off!! every bird is beautiful in it's own right..(even the ugly ones like the friar bird...LOL)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great group of photos. I envy you all the different varieties you have to shoot. Mine are a bit more mundane and common I'm afraid.