Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some 1978 ads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Some 1978 ads Reply with quote

I have lots more from '78, will dribble them in...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nesster~ please post all you have Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - click the 'brochures and manuals' link in my sig. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thanks - Fascinating...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely dug up!

Wow - the spectacular Minolta 50 1.2 was so cheap back then!

Why are the Konica Hexanon 50's so conspicuously missing from the line-up? Were they freebies with the cameras?? Surely the 57mm 1.2 wasn't a kit lens!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larnus wrote:
Wow - the spectacular Minolta 50 1.2 was so cheap back then!

If you consider what you were paid per month in 1978,
was it still cheap?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

the minolta 50/1.2 is cca $530 in todays money - that is less money that you would pay for Nikon AiS 50/1.2 (only MF 50/1.2 lens available new) and MUCH less than modern 50/1.2, because there is only Canon L available

true is that the nikon 50/1.2 was about $400 just few years ago when it was still in manufacture

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the theme...

found these pages in the camera bag from an olympus set I bought a few months ago. Ah think ah recognise the ad style . Amateur Photographer? There used tae be a pull-out ad section in the mag - topically - it may even have been Jessops!. This must be mid-eighties (Minolta X300 came out around '84-'85).

Check out the price on the PRAKTICA outfit...

Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: My first 'Good Camera' in 'AP' magazine Reply with quote

Amateur Photographer Magazine June 10th 1953

Selfix ad by pentaxpete, on Flickr

The Ensign Selfix 16/20 model II with 75mm f3.5 Ross Xpres lens was my first 'Good camera' paid off at 5 shillings a week hire purchase!
I got it when I was at East Ham Grammar School and there was a member of the School Photo-Soc with one -- he got very good results-- I think I was sold a 'Friday Night camera' as I struggled to get really sharp results even with camera on tripod or with flash.
many years later I have been given TWO Model I with the 75mm f4.5 ENSAR lenses and they are SHARPER especially at full aperture than the Xpres I had ( SOLD Model II for £ 10-00 to a Camera Club friend) I used the Selfix with flash BULBS but the Epsilon shutter needed a special adapter to fit the standard 3mm co-axial flash plug which is now universal .