Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor T4 400mm, 75-260mm lenses, now with birds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Soligor T4 400mm, 75-260mm lenses, now with birds Reply with quote

I recently bought a few Soligor T4 lenses, more out of curiosity, but I've found that they're pretty fun. Today, I was at Seattle's Gasworks Park with a 400mm f6.3 and a 75-260mm f4.5 and shot with a Nikon D300 and a Minolta X700. I haven't had the film developed, but here are results on the digital body. First two are the 400mm, second two are the zoom.

Last edited by gaeger on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images! Way better what I ever expected from these lenses. Thank you for sharing them!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila. I also was quite surprised, given how cheap they are. Here's the 400mm with a Nikkor TC200 converter on the D300 tonight. The moon is so beautiful this evening.

And addition of a couple of snow geese images from today:

Last edited by gaeger on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent too! Well spent money Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar and Soligor T4's are always under rated. If you ask no more than they will give then you'll find they are quite good and a lot of fun to use. I'm selling off all of mine right now but not because they are not useful but rather because I need the money for another project. Photos are very well done. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out to the Skagit Valley today and had another extraordinary experience. I saw a field of snow geese some distance from the road and sat down on a stone wall to photograph them with the 400mm. Well, they gradually began eating their way toward me and then more and more arrived until I was nearly surrounded! I only wish that I had brought my 300mm Nikkor with me from the car. After shooting for a while, I carefully got up and walked back across the road and made my way over to the daffodil fields. No tulips yet!

More images at this flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/sets/72157626252537301/

Last edited by gaeger on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !
Lucky you Gaeger for living such a nice experience. Very Happy

The girl's picture is wonderful !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:

This picture is FANTASTIC! A little noisy but super!!! I like it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens does seem to perform better than I might have expected, but the real treat is the images, not to mention your superb focusing skills. The image filled with birds in flight and the girl in the yellow flower fied are spectacular. Just fix the level of the horizon on the field of flowers and fantastic!!!