Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 400mm/f6,3 - just another telephoto lense I thought
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Soligor 400mm/f6,3 - just another telephoto lense I thought Reply with quote

But I was surprised! It not so dark as I expected (f6,3). It renders correct colors, some CA, that can be easily corrected in PP. Here some shots:

The only one thing you need to make good shots with this Soligor - strong arms)))
"96" - in serial - who produced this lense?
Thanks for attention.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ones!
This is the last Soligor preset lens series, maybe 1970 and later.
The design is very similar for all these 400/6.3 and most of them do very well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos! I'll bet that thing is a real monster to carry around. Did you handhold?

So what's the rubber band for?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, it's a surprisingly good lens. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roka wrote:
Nice photos! I'll bet that thing is a real monster to carry around. Did you handhold?

Thanks!
The lense is very light, comparing with Tair-3PhS or old Nikkor 300/4.5. All pictures were made from hands, it was third or fourth walkaround with Soligor, the results of first one or two were moved to trash exept few shots.
This wonderful rubber is to fixate built-in hood in work (front) position))) Cheap and quick)))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a set from Netherlands posted here a few weeks backs. One of the pics was exactly the same - it also said "no fishing".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXXXic wrote:
Roka wrote:

Thanks!
The lense is very light, comparing with Tair-3PhS or old Nikkor 300/4.5. All pictures were made from hands, it was third or fourth walkaround with Soligor, the results of first one or two were moved to trash exept few shots.
This wonderful rubber is to fixate built-in hood in work (front) position))) Cheap and quick)))

Wow, a good bird in flight shot handheld at 400mm! I know how challenging those can be with my Canon 200mm. I'm still trying to get something usable with my Minolta 300mm but nothing yet so you're WAY ahead of me. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roka wrote:

Wow, a good bird in flight shot handheld at 400mm! I know how challenging those can be with my Canon 200mm. I'm still trying to get something usable with my Minolta 300mm but nothing yet so you're WAY ahead of me. Smile

It was really suddenly for me! That duck takeoff in front of me from the cane!!))) It was my luck, that focus was somewhere "near", so I shoot it few times and chosed the best) I think
As you can see, another try (with the male one) was not so sharp...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have done very well with this lens. It looks like a very worthwhile optic.
Have fun with it, and thanks for sharing these images
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that luck is more than a small part of getting good birding pictures. Maybe someday I'll get good enough that I won't have to rely on luck quite as much. Smile And of course we just make the job tougher by using MF lenses, but for me it makes getting a "keeper" all that much sweeter.

I really like #4! Great job and thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots !
Pretty impossible to achieve without a tripod but my Makinon 400mm 6.3 (same lens ?) is better at f/11. I'm doing all my bird shots with this lens and i like it : https://flic.kr/s/aHskp2ReEv

Makinon 400mm M42 by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

Try to stop it down to f/11 if you can, you'll find its better resolution i think....(have the same hood issue/solution two Smile)