Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5 M42 dissasembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5 M42 dissasembly Reply with quote

Just received this lens and had so many fungi that it was very difficult to se something not blurry thorugh it, so it needed a service.

Quite easy to clean all the glass of this lens, below is what i did.

Hope is worth for someone in the future.

Here the lens to be cleaned.

From the front obviously the first thing to do is to unscrew the nameplate

Without the nameplate the first two elements are free and a spacer in that order.

To get to the next element there is a small screw below the focusing rubber grip that needs to be taken out (it has some glue so i used aceton and then it was easy to unscrew).

The the front part of the lens can be now be unscrewd. The glass element has a glued retaining ring (a bit of actenoe and easy to take it out).

From here we can unscrew the next group . Finished with the front of the lens.

This group has two elements and their respective retaining rings. (This had one of the dirty elements).

Here one of the problems, big fungus on one side of the glass. Immediately treated with cold cream and left for later.

Now to the back of the lens, i took those four screws and the lens mount came out.

Now we can unscrew the rear group.

The rear group then is divided (unscrewd) in two parts.

The bottom part has three glass elements and a spacer in that order. Here was the other problematic glass. (Number 4)

Here a picture of it. I put some cold cream and left it for later.

The top part of the rear group has only one glass element, it was also dirty but not as bad. Treated again with cold cream.

And now the glass after about half hour. Crystal clear!!!

The dirtiest one also after about half hour with cold cream, completely clear !!!!!!

Re-assembly is just going backwards. The lens after the service.

Like i said hope this is useful for someone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5 M42 Reply with quote

I just picked up this lens. The rear group has a weird swirly have on the inside. I managed to remove the rear group however, I can't seem to disassemble it to get to the affected glass. Any suggestions? Thank you,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5 M42 Reply with quote

Jordan.wp wrote:
. . . Any suggestions? Thank you,

Do you have a lens spanner (wrench)? A spanner can be invaluable for getting lens components apart.
Applying heat - and solvents as needed - can help loosen stuck or cemented retaining rings. And rubber gloves can give you a better grip.

Is there a specific problem you're having?